Wedding Vows & Ceremony Discussions
Options

Adult flower girl

There are no little girls in my or my fiance's family or group of friends. My grandma jokingly said "I'll be your flower girl" and I actually really liked the idea of her being in the ceremony, so we decided to actually do it. She said that she's honored and seems really excited to have a part.

The only thing is, I'm not sure what to have her do. Obviously I don't want her wearing some poofy dress and dropping petals, so I need to come up with something else.

I was thinking about having the people at the end of the row by the aisle hold out a flower to her, and she will collect them and put them into a vase at the front. Then we can do a flower exchange (rather than a unity candle since we'll be outside), and we can each take a flower from the vase and give it to each other's mothers.

What do you think - good idea? Have any better ideas?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Adult flower girl

• Options
    I am thinking about having my 24 year old cousin be the "lady of flowers." Everyone I mention it to says "That would be really funny." I am not really going for funny, but I want her to be included, but not as a bridemaids. I stuck with just my sisters and friends as the bridesmaids since I have like 15 girl cousins. I'm not sure if it's a goofy idea or just work out.
  • Options
    We're actually doing something very similar (OK -- I admit. I totally swiped this idea from you!). My grandmother is going to be our Flower Matron. She's going to carry a few stems and place one in a special bud vase at the end of every other aisle (our florist is taking care of this for us).

I really liked the idea of having her end w/ one stem and put it into my boquet when I got there, but the florist said we wouldn't be able to do that since my boquet will be wrapped. He suggested just holding the stem w/ my boquet.

We haven't worked out all the logistics yet, but this is definately going to go well with the vintage-y funk kind of vibe we're going for. Laughing
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards