April 2012 Weddings
Options

Word to the Wise - Assembling Invitations

Hi Ladies,
I'm more of a reader than a poster, but I find that this board is one of the most friendly of the ones I've been following!
Ok, so the point of this post...... I decided to have a girl's night tonight at my house with 2 of my BMs. We were planning on having appys and wine and watch fun wedding girly movies while assembling my invitations.  Turns out EVERYONE bailed. (My local BMs are USELESS...totally separate story).
So I am sitting here, assembling my invitations, ALONE, with wine and girly movies...and my tip to all; DO NOT DRINK AND ASSEMBLE INVITES AT THE SAME TIME!!!! (I had to go back and re-do 4 or 5 invites because I forgot to either stamp the return envelop, forgot to add the Reception Card, or because they were just SO crooked!!!

So ladies, STAY SOBER WHILE ASSEMBLING INVITATIONS!!!!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Word to the Wise - Assembling Invitations

• Options
    em01092em01092 member
    First Comment
    edited February 2012
    Yeah I definitely did them sober and even then had prolems, so I can only imagine being a little tipsy! I'm sorry your friends bailed on you last minute. I know that sucks. My MOH did the same thing when I asked her to go to my hair trial with me. I wouldn't have cared if she didn't want to go or couldn't, but she insisted she would come home from college and go. She did come home, but it felt like she made up a BS excuse why she couldn't go less than a day beforehand, and that was what annoyed me. *shrugs*

Just remember, your BMs are not obligated to help you plan or do anything. It's nice if they offer, but their only "duties" as a BM are to show up in their dress and smile for picture. You say your local BMs are "useless." I would lower my expectations of these friends. Maybe they are busy? Or some women just are not into weddings. Plus, no one will ever be as excited for your own wedding as you will be (except maybe your mom haha)

Where is your FI? It sounds like you finished your invitations now, but maybe he can help with some other tasks you have left? Remember, it's his wedding too! He should be willing to help out! 
    April Siggy Challenge-Wedding Escape: Reading HG/dreaming about Peeta.... Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker Bio-Updated 4/22**
  • Options
    I already assembled and sent mine out, but that is a good point about drinking.  After you do so many you kind of get in a trance and forget what you are doing and it is easy to forget to add something.  Sorry about your BM's! 

Good luck
  • Options

FI and I did ours sober, but drank a glass or two of wine after!  lol  I was pretty methodical about the process...i was so afraid i'd mess something up or forget the enclosure!  :)  Congrat's on getting them done!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I did ours last week. I was also pretty methodical with mine. Only one I messed up was my sister's lol It was the last one I was doing before I took a lunch break. I told her and she laughed Laughing It was probably a really good time to take a break!
    Jamie 9/1/2013 BabyFetus Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards