New York-Upstate
Options

I am VERY upstate...

Hello fellow upstaters :) I noticed that most of the posts here were a little more southerly than I am: Saratoga, Albany, Lake George, etc... But I am farther north, looking for venues in the Malone/Massena/Plattsburgh area. Possibly Saranac Lake/Lake Placid. I've done the requisite google searches and all that, and the places that look really nice will probably be too expensive.

I figured it's a long shot, but does anyone have any recommendations on places in my area? I'm actually relatively new to the area myself, haven't been here 2 years yet, and growing up in North Jersey, I'm still having trouble adjusting to living in the middle of nowhere!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: I am VERY upstate...

• Options
    I am from Plattsburgh.  I am guessing you don't like the rainbow room?  It is in Altona.  It is rather inexpensive, and very beautiful scenery.  Downside is that it is remote and there is no hotel withing 15 miles.  I was looking at Lake george as well, but the cheapest I found was about $115 a plate.  When I looked at lake placid, it is pretty exclusive as well, I found High Peaks Resort wasn't bad with prices at about $75/person.  All these prices including a full bar.  I looked for waterfront locations pretty exclusively.  As for Plattsburgh, I know there is the west-side ballroom, that is a very reasonable location.  I booked Valcour Conference Center.  It is water front and exactly what I was looking for.  I hope this helps.  I know about these areas, not a whole lot about Massena.  Good Luck!
  • Options
    Thank you, that does help! Like I said, I'm not terribly familiar with the area so I will definitely look up all you mentioned. And since I won't be having a bar at all, that will probably drop the cost quite a bit!
  • Options
    Ohh I just looked up the Rainbow Room and it looks gorgeous! But it's 40 min from my house and it has a 150 minimum, we probably won't be having more than 100 guests... the search continues!
  • Options
    The Valcour Conference Center looks so nice, did you book the boat house or the main house?
  • Options
    You could try Cafe Mooney Bay, the West Side Ballroom, the Elks Lodge and the Holiday Inn - all in Plattsburgh. Depending on your date, there is a new reception facility opening at the Butcher Block.

DH and I grew up in and got married in Plattsburgh.  We chose the West Side Ballroom (about $35 per plate after everything).  It was a great fit for us!
    Anniversary

• Options
    We're getting married at the Wild Center in Tupper Lake (museum that does weddings on the weekends). It's a beautiful, unique venue and we're excited.
  • Options
    I feel your pain. I am too looking for a venue in Very Upstate NY. I am currently in Saranac Lake region and having a hard time too. I am dead set on outdoor recpetion and within 30min from church to reception. If it wasn't for the unfortunate sale of the Hotel Saranac a few years ago, I would suggest it. It WAS gorgeous. Good luck.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards