New York-Upstate
Options

Reception Site

Would love some Advice about booking a reception site In the Old Forge and Inlet area. I have spoke with several different places and the prices are either ridiculous or the people seem less then competent or slower then a snail about any sort of response. My wedding isn't until 10/12/12 (if I can find a place). But I have been looking and asking questions for about 10 months now.
horiz mini sig

Re: Reception Site

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I am getting married at Northwoods Inn in Old Forge. So far they have been OK to deal with - a new owner took over in September 2010 so they are a little out of the loop as far as vendors but have been good to deal with so far. I know they recently had a comptuer crash from a lightning strike so if you emailed then I would shoot them another email.
  • Options
    CandiceAdamCandiceAdam member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks... they finally got back to me. Hey what vendors are you going to be using up there? Did they have any local DJ's and Photographers? I was thinking of hiring someone from my home town and having them travel but the travel fees are crazy.
    horiz mini sig
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Where are you from? We live in Saratoga county so we are about 2 hours away from the venue. Just had our tasting last weekend and the food was phenomenal!

We have a DJ out of Schenectady that does a lot of Shriner events that we attend (FIL's are paying so not sure what the cost is but I can give you her number she is great!) Her name is Raphael 518-280-6050.  If you talk to her let her know that Heather & Jeremy (and Walt) referred you.

Our photographer is Korver Photography - http://www.korverphotography.com/wedding/Home.html We were blown away with his photos and the price is great considering you get the rights to the photos without having to buy a bunch of stuff - Like he said to us you can order a custom photo book from just about anywhere these days. Friends/family can download from your photo site and print on their own which is great. I didn't get any professional pics from my brothers wedding in Lake George a few years ago because the cost was ridiculous.

Hair and makeup - http://www.timelessspaandsalon.com/services.asp - I haven't had my trial yet but it was a reasonable upcharge for them to travel to Old Forge. She is very prompt on replying to emails and was totally understanding of my ton of goofy questions.

Everything else we are doing ourselves and our minister is from a friends church in Keeseville/Plattsburg area. Good luck!
  • Options
    CandiceAdamCandiceAdam member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am from Rochester. My family and the Fi's family are from the fingerlakes area. Thank you for the ideas with the vendors.  Let me know how things go with that spa because their prices look great and to have them travel to me would be awesome.
    horiz mini sig
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards