New York-Upstate
Options

Wedding day hair and make-up

Hello all.  I just booked Make Me Fabulous to do my wedding day hair and make-up.  I am super excited because they have a great reputation and wonderful reviews.  They told me they are arriving at 8:30 am to do my hair and make-up first, and then the other four girls' hair.  My ceremony is at 3:30.  Do brides usually have their hair and make-up done that many hours prior to the ceremony?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Wedding day hair and make-up

• Options
    tubbzluvbugtubbzluvbug member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I booked them too! I am very excited as well...My ceremony is at 2:00 and they told me a start time of 7 am!!! This seems to be the same amount of time as they told you.
  • Options
    Ja19m81ieJa19m81ie member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Shouldn't they do your bridemaids hair and makeup first? I would think, they would want to do the Brides hair and make-up last. Timeless Updo's is doing my wedding and they will do me last, so that my hair and makeup is still fresh.

• Options
    aral2003aral2003 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I contacted them and they are doing me second to last.  I totally trust Make Me Fabulous... after all they are the most recommended in the area!!!!  super excited!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011

My hairdresser showed up at 6:45am for my 1 pm wedding.  I was first for hair and make-up.  The make-up artist did do a touch up right before I got the dress on.  I really appreciated going first because I didn't have to stress about being done in time.  I was all done up, could eat breakfast and sit and chat with my bridesmaids. 
    MMF has a very, very strong following!  So I think you made a great choice! 

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Usually the bride does not go last in case there is an issue with timing. You dont want to have to rush to get your hair and makeup done b/c you are the last one to go.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I went first (with Lipstick and Lashes who I highly reccomend!) and it was fine.  The curls in my hair needed some time to relax anyway since I didn't want them super curly.  I also figured I would give my girls some time to sleep.  Got makeup done at 8, hair done at 9, wedding was at 1:30.
    TTC since 07/11 Me: 32 AO PCOS/DH: 32 Lowish count/motility IUI#1-3 = BFN (Clomid, Clomid-->Femara, Injects) IVF#1 ER on 9/24 19 ER/19 M/9 F w/ICSI Transferred a 5AA and a 5BB on 9/29 Beta 10/9 = 139 Beta 10/11 = 287
    imageimageAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

My Blog

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm doing my own hair and makeup (and my own nails) so I have no clue how long it would take. I just feel that if I want to look my best on my wedding day and I already know what colors I'm wearing for everything including my makeup and how I want my hair, then I better do it myself. It's either that or I go to school (in school for cosmetology) and get it done by a family memeber that teaches there.

MMF is a great place though. =)
  • Options
    lrbaker1lrbaker1 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Does anyone know how much they charge for traveling? My venue is about 3 1/2 hours away from their main location and I couldn't find the information on their website.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards