New York-Upstate

dress shopping in albany?

hey everyone,

I am getting married next october and still need to find my dress. I have went to davids bridal in CT and some local stores in poughkeepsie and have not found anything. I am thinking about driving up to Albany and looking up there. I found yovonnes bridal shop online? any good reccomendations? any reccomendations of any other bridal salons? thank you fellow knotties!
Photobucket invite1

Re: dress shopping in albany?

• pockysquirrelpockysquirrel member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thoughts and Best Wishes in Latham - Not the best selection, but the staff is great!

Juliet House of Brides - More variety here. Again, very helpful staff, helped me find exactly the style I was looking for, but I found these ladies to be a bit more pushy than I cared for.

Other places that have been recommended to me that I haven't had time to get to yet:
    - Lily's Bridal in Saratoga
    - Danielle's also in Saratoga
    - Angela's Bridal in Albany
    October 2012 December Siggy - A Favorite Wedding Photo image
  • edited December 2011
    I just bought my Dress @ Angela's-Nora and Kate are great, I can't say enough goos things.  The same day I went to Yvonne's and Sue was my consultant, They had many dresses to show me and I liked it would have gon back again if I hadn't found my dress.

I had an appointment at Lily's of Saratoga and have heard great things about them, but unfortunately I was at Angelas 1st and once I put Perla on I was done, no more dresses for me so I canceled.

If you're shopping in Albany I'll make another recomendation to stop at Madame Priries Corset shop for bras, foundations for under your dress, shapewear or lingerie.  They're right down the street from Angelas and the ladies there were super helpful and they had great selection- I'm a total bra snob so thats saying something.  I typically buy all my "intimates" from a store outside of DC that I found a few years ago and this place was comprabe had the same brands but mch of it was cheaper in Albany!  I just love small specialty shops like that and want to spread the good word when I find a business that I love and want to see stick around!!

Good Luck and Happy Dress hunting Laughing
    Sept 2012 Siggy:Bridesmaids' Dresses
    Bari Jay 911 in Raspberry
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I got my dress at Lily Saratoga....the store is beautiful and the staff is very friendly and helpful.  They weren't pushy in any way.  The owner, Maureen, was genuinely happy for me when I found my dress.  I can't say enough good things about my experience there!

I only went to one other store, Ferri's Formals in Schenectady....don't go there!  They were horrible!  They didn't have any of the dresses that they list on their website.  I went there to look at a specific brand of dresses, and when I asked to see that brand they told me they didn't have it.  I told the consultant that it's on their website....she didn't respond.  They dresses in there looked old and as if they were previous years styles (I'm pretty sure there were some dresses in there from the 1980's!).  When I didn't like anything that they showed me, she magically found a dress in the brand that I went there for.  Still, it was too little too late.  I'd had enough of that store, but my MOH wanted to look at bridesmaids' dresses.  She asked to see the Alfred Angelo dresses (again, advertised on their website) and of course they didn't have that either.  We walked out of the store, but I wished we had walked out sooner!  It was a waste of time!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    I purchased my dress from Yvonne's, and my sister purchased her's there about 5 years ago as well.  It is a small boutique but everyone there is very nice and helpful.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011
    I got my dress at Ferri Formals in Schenectday. I know the above poster had a bad experience but mine was just the opposite. Our consultant was fantastic. She pulled tons of beautiful dresses that I loved. She even helped me make my decision between two. Then she was also able to find the perfect dress for my mom, who was really having trouble as she is short and plus size. The next week a different consultant helped us with bridesmaid dresses and they were perfect too. I will acknowledge that my first consultant is someone i know from college, which made the experience more fun, but they had plenty of gorgeous dresses at many different price ranges (mine was less than $1000 but they also have a lot of higher end dresses). All of the people I have worked with there have been very helpful and nice. They were also very good about staying in my budget. If you are looking for a specific dress then call ahead, but that is true of any store. They had plenty of dresses for me to try on. In fact, the bridesmaid dresses and my moms dress are already in and they were perfect. Hopefully my dress will be in this month and I can't wait!

image 180 invited image 145 are ready to party image 35 are missing out image 0! can't find the mailbox rsvp's due back June 20th! Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Something Bleu Bridal in Saratoga is AMAZING and carries a variety of dresses you won't see anywhere else.

The store is immaculate, the service is to die for, the ambiance is something you dream of and the prices are totally reasonable... Like the quality for the money is ridiculous.  Go here.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011
    I second (third?) Lily Saratoga. The ladies there are so sweet, they treat you like you're the most important customer ever and really want to help you find the perfect dress, but they aren't pushy at all!
  • Did you Try Yvonne's in latham? I had GREAT luck there, and she's such a nice woman! They jumped as high as they could for me! Good luck!
  • I just picked up my dress for Danielle's on Monday and I couldn't speak anymore highly of them, they are amazing and super friendly. We will be ordering my bridal parties dresses from there in the upcoming months and we are even considering renting the guys tuxs from there also.
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards