New York-Upstate
Options

Venues For Ceremony and Reception By a Lake

Were looking for a ceremony and reception venue by a lake between syracuse and buffalo. Would like the total budge to be around 10,000. We really love Glen Iris at Letchworth but afraid its a little too expensive. The wedding is going to be in September 2012 with around 120-150 guests. We like the beaver hollow conference center and ramada geneva lakefront. Does anybody have an reviews on these vendors or any suggestions? Also would like the ceremony and reception outside.

Any help is appreciated.

Re: Venues For Ceremony and Reception By a Lake

• Options
    edited December 2011
    How about Heron Hill Winery on Keuka Lake?  They have only outside weddings and a tented area outside.  I am also not sure how affordable Steamboat Landing is on Canandaigua Lake.  I am having my reception at Belhurst Castle in Canandaigua on a similar budget- but if you plan to get married on a Saturday it would be too expensive, other days might be a possibility.  Venetosa Vineyards in Geneva is a beautiful venue on Seneca Lake a friend who was married there said "they were very reasonable" but didn't give any specific price points.  Keuka College (on Keuka Lake)  might also be able to suit your needs I know many people who have gotten married there and been very happy with their experience.  Also there is a place called Logan Ridge Estates on Seneca Lake that I have heard of but have never been to.  They let you bring your own caterer, so it would just be a matter of finding an affordable caterer to meet your needs!  Good Luck and congrats!
    "Love is friendships set to music"
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I also meant to say that I have been to a wedding at the Ramada Lakefront and it was lovely!  I was not overly impressed with the food there- but it could have just been the specific things they chose! 
  • Options
    kks4471kks4471 member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    A majority of the wineries require a minimum of $9000 on saturdays.  While this is under your budget, it doesn't leave you much room for additions.  I'm getting married at Ventosa Vineyards, and know I'm going over $10000 with my food selections.  I think the Ramada Lakefront would be a great place to start though!  They have a nice gazebo overlooking the lake, great for pictures.  I'm not sure what Logan Ridge's pricing is, but since you supply the caterer, you'd have more control of the budget.  Look into Esperanza Mansion on Keuka lake too.  HTH!
    Photobucket Anniversary
  • Options
    crouseklcrousekl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Would Lake Ontario be too far?  There is a beautiful place called Bayshore Grove right on the water.  We had our wedding there about a month and and it was absolutely gorgeous! And the price is very reasonable.  Here is a link, I hope it helps:
    http://www.bayshoregrove.com/
  • Options
    skidoogurl07skidoogurl07 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for all the help!  But he is actually likes less venues than I do lol! He wants something like letchworth..more remote and not on a huge lake. Men I tell ya lol and no wineries..wont even give em a chance!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Well, they aren't really like Letchworth exactly (no beautiful ravine attached) but how about Carey Lake near Rochester or Shadow Lake golf course?  Or maybe the Genesee Country Museum?  It's not on a lake, but it is remote....  
    Esperanza Mansion is really remote too (I know it's been mentioned before but it;s the closest thing I can think of to being what you want)... I used to live out there and the nearest gas station is 10 minutes away in a tiny town called penn yan... Keuka Lake is one of the smaller finger lakes and the view from the mansion is gorgeous.. it's the closest thing to Glen Iris I can think of.  
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    what about the Fountainbleau Inn on Cayuta lake? http://www.fontainebleauinn.com/
    It is very pretty and remote. 

Also Logan Ridge on Seneca lake    http://www.loganridge.com/

I also liked Ventosa Vineyards on seneca lake: http://www.ventosavineyards.com/

hope this helps! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards