New York-Upstate

Flower Prices...

I just went to a florist and I am wondering what is a normal price range for flowers... We're only getting flowers for myself and my 8 bridesmaids and my fiance and his 8 groomsmen, and flowers for our moms and dads and grandparents... Does anyone know what a descent range is?!

Re: Flower Prices...

• iamjoesgurliamjoesgurl member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We had 5 bouquets, 8 bouts and 3 corsages.  It cost us $450.

What I recommend is setting a budget.  Then go to the florist to tell them what you want and ask how much it would be.  If it is over your budget, explain that your budget is $x.xx and ask what modifications they could make to come in at that price.  There are many options that a good florist can come up with to cut costs and bring you in under budget.
  • iamjoesgurliamjoesgurl member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh, and I got my flowers in the Lake George area.
  • edited December 2011

I paid $541 at the shop in the other post for 4 bouquets for BMs, My Bouquet, GM and FI' flowers, Flower girl, 15 centerpieces and some exra centerpeices. She had really good prices for the type of flwoers I wanted.

The price also depends a lot on what flowers you are looking at.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • jessb404jessb404 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hey Ashlee,

Where are you getting married?  I also live in the GF area, getting married next May.  I am really struggling to find a venue......just looking for suggestions?

Jess
  • edited December 2011

Our ceremony is at the Great Escape Lodge... We looked around and liked the venue and the staff.

We also looked at Rainer's Gourmet in Kingsbury and they were nice and the venue was beautiful but I wanted it in a hotel type setting so we could stay the night.

• jessb404jessb404 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the response!  Nice!  Both beautiful places....congrats btw!
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks for all your responses!! It helped alot!!
               And Jess I know you're looking for a venue in GF area, we're getting married at the Hiland golf course in queensbury, we really like our coordinator and we've been to weddings there in the past that were really nice! Good luck finding your venue!
  • edited December 2011
    Iamjoesgurl can I ask what florist you went with?!
  • edited December 2011
    Apardy131 I know you said you went with murphys cottage crafts what kind of flowers did you go with because those prices are great! I went to Binleys and it came to 820 with 10 bouquets (including moms) 10 bouts (including dads) and 2 corsages for grandmas, my bouquet and a toss bouquet. We are using sunflowers, calle lillies, gerbera daisies, and she said some roses to make them fuller. I thought it sounded ok but everyone on here has under 600 which I would've loved to do!
  • edited December 2011
    I am doing a lot of daisies, hydrangias, wild flowers. Simple flowers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards