New York-Upstate

Dunham’s Bay Resort, Lake George

Reviews, anyone?

Please & Thanks :)

BabyName Ticker
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Dunham’s Bay Resort, Lake George

• edited December 2011
    My FBIL got married there last year. Food was AWESOME but I didn't like the set up of the event space. The head table and parents tables were down by the dance floor but everyone else had to basically sit in another room. I was seated at the parent table so I heard and saw everything but I know that most of the other guests didn't hear any speeches or see the first dance seated at their table. 
  • dray10486dray10486 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We looked into this place and thought the location was beautiful, but I agree with Soon to be Mrs.... the set up was a little akward.  Also, it wasn't handicap accessible which we needed to my grandmother and my FI grandfather.  The people were very nice and the location was nice as well.  IF you want to get married outside by the lake, keep in mind the 9L is a busy road and your guests will probably not hear everything if a big truck goes by- that was another deal breaker for us.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • klibertikliberti member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i JUST looked at Dumham's Bay... almost went with it because I heard such great things about the food and they were so willing to work with us to customize everything at a reasonable price.  However the room itself is kind of ugly-  the setup isnt that great.  We booked Silver Bay YMCA this weekend because it offers the same ADK feel right on the lake but is SO much prettier...
  • missy999999missy999999 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks everyone. VERY VERY helpful.
    BabyName Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards