New York-Upstate
Options

Anyone else getting married in Canandaigua?

Tell me your plans! :) Vendors/experiences etc. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Anyone else getting married in Canandaigua?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm getting married at Bristol Harbour on July 7, 2012.  We've been working with Sara and she's wonderful.  Very laid back and relaxed, but organized and responsible as well. 

So far I don't really have a lot planned (still over 400 days until the wedding!).  I've booked Natalie Sinisgalli for the photography (BEYOND excited about that... she's rad).  I'm looking at Flower Power or Kittelberger for the flowers.  I think I'm going to test every single baker in the greater Rochester area for cake/desserts.

How about you?! :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    rich&skinnyrich&skinny member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm getting married at the Inn on the Lake Oct 1 this year. We're using showcase sound for our DJ, flowers by stella as our florist and holy cannoli for our cake. I don't live in upstate NY so I didn't spend too much time choosing vendor, we just kind of went with our instincts for a lot of things so I'm hoping we love all our choices!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    CSTK1910CSTK1910 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm (hopefully) getting married in Canandaigua in this July! Right now we are having probems with our venue, so we might end up switching. I wanted to get married at Inn on the Lake, too, but it was already booked for all of our available weekends unfortunately. I am really excited for our cake though. We are getting ice cream cake from Coldstone Creamery! Have either of you looked into hair/make-up people in Canandaigua? I'm just looking into those as I am a bit of a procrastinator.

Good luck to both of you with your planning!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm getting married at Sonnenberg Gardens in September this year.  Had looked at the Inn on the Lake and in the end fell in love with the gardens even when they were covered in snow!  We are using Rock Castle for our flowers, Encore DJ services in Webster for our DJ, Kim from Sweet Times in Victor is making our cake and Mary DiPane is our caterer.  Steve Chestler and his sister will be our photographers.  I've had a few recommendations for Total Appearances on Beeman St for hair - not sure if they do make up or not, as I have that covered.  From personal experience I do not recommend Park West for anything - they are expensive and not consistent in their services.  Hope this helps!  Good luck with the planning!
    image 182 Made the cut!
    image 129 Are ready to party! image 53 Are missing out! image 0 Are making me crazy!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I love Inn on the lake we've stayed there a couple times, and would have considered it for our wedding, but my brother got married there (his wife is from Canandagiua)so I wanted my own thing.  It was wonderful though,  everything about the wedding (except DJ) was gorgeous and perfect!

Sept 2012 Siggy:Bridesmaids' Dresses
    Bari Jay 911 in Raspberry
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am getting married in October 2012 at Saint Mary's Church in Canandaigua and then going out to Belhurst Castle for the reception! So far both places have been so great to work with.  We don't have too much else ironed out yet but Michelle S Rose Photography is doing our photos (msrosephotography.com).  She is absolutely fantastic and I would recommend her to anyone looking for a photographer! 
    "Love is friendships set to music"
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards