New York-Upstate
Options

Outdoor Wedding in October; Am I Nuts?

There's no doubt that fall in Upstate New York is beautiful! But, we are also realistic about weather around here. After looking at all our options for our wedding day, my fiance and I decided that the only we could invite everyone we wanted and not break the bank was to have the wedding at our home. We plan on renting a 2400 square foot tent for our 130 guests. The date is October 13, 2012. But am I crazy? I've always thought an outdoor wedding was risky, and now I'm really planning one, for myself, in unpredictable Upstate New York. What do my local brides think???

Re: Outdoor Wedding in October; Am I Nuts?

• Options
    lehc723lehc723 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm getting married outside the week before you. Hoping for a warm and dry October next year!
    Anniversary
  • Options
    pockysquirrelpockysquirrel member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I'm planning on having my ceremony outdoors on 10/6/12, but there is an indoor backup in case of weather, and the reception is also indoors. I think you have a better chance of good weather earlier in the month, plus I've also heard you can rent tents with space heaters if it starts getting too chilly. Something another poster advised me to do when I was thinking about pushing my wedding back to November was to check out a Farmer's Almanac or weather website for historical data on what the weather has been like on your date for the past few years. Good luck!

October 2012 December Siggy - A Favorite Wedding Photo image
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    You are not nuts! Upstate New York is stunning in the fall I agree. It is a gamble us upstate New York brides have to take... I am also getting married outside the week before you 10/6/12 and hoping for a beautiful day however I do have a back up plan in the event it is raining. I think I will always plan for the worst and hope for the best. My reception will be indoors as well.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards