New York-Upstate

The Lodge @ Saratoga Gaming--Need help!!

We visited the Lodge about a month/month and a half ago, and have been having considerable difficultih aes getting out questions answered and having our contact sendus a contract outlining the details of our event. We had decided a month ago that the Lodge was the place we wanted to have both our reception and ceremony, and told our contact at Saratoga Gaming & Raceway this, but we did have some basic questions we wanted answered before signing and depositing (ie: will we need to rent a generator, how many tables/chairs/etc are available to us through them, and how many would we have to rent). These questions all seemed basic enough, but it has taken us a month to have our contact actually send us some answers. She would, generally, respond to our emails and tell us that she would get back to us with answers after she spoke with the appropriate people, but then we would not hear back from her until we tried to contact her again. Finally, we have nearly everything answered, and told them last week we were ready to sign a contract, however we still have not gotten one.

We understand that it is summer, and therefore tourist season, but we were working with Saratoga Gaming even before Track Season began and we really had wanted to have everything set with them by the end of the month so that we could move forward with other planning. As it stands now, we cannot go ahead and order invites/book other vendors, until we know for sure that we will be having our wedding with Saratoga Gaming on the date we have chosen. My fiance and I are becoming increasingly frustrated that even after more than a month, we still do not have a good number of our questions answered, nor do we even have a contract to be able to secure our date and location.

Has anyone else worked with the Lodge/Saratoga Gaming for their wedding/other events, or has anyone attended an event here? Is this typical behavoir of them, should we start to look at other vendors once again, or were your events successful? I am hoping that these issues are merely circumstantial and our contact has just had a lot on her plate this month, but I am hesitant to sigh with a location that will not be on top of things once it is crunch time right before our wedding.

Please help, any advice is appreciated. I have already left our contact a voice message stating our concerns and that we might start looking around again, and have also emailed her a thorough message including all of our concerns and issues. I dont want to be a "bridezilla", but this is begining to become an issue for us after we have tried to be patient for so long.

Thank you!!

Re: The Lodge @ Saratoga Gaming--Need help!!

• dray10486dray10486 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We looked into Saratoga Gaming and Raceway and found the girl to be kind of scatter brained and could not answer a lot of questions we had.  She said what you said in your post- that she would have to check with the appropriate people.  I thought that lodge was very pretty, but too small for the wedding we're having, and the outdoor area would require us to rent everything, including bathrooms so we went a different way.  It's good that you've expressed your concerns with your contact there and I think that's about all you can do besides look at other places.  I haven't been to an event there, so I don't know if the planning is stressful but the event is beautiful.  I hope it works out for you!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    Did  you eventually have your wedding at The Lodge?  How did it go?  In particular, how was the food?  Thanks.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards