New York-Upstate
Options

Ithaca area everything

I feel like I've done a pretty exhaustive search for a worthwhile, inexpensive venue for my wedding in the Ithaca, NY area, but I can't seem to find anything in my price range (which, lets be honest, is pretty low).
We're looking for something like a park that's accessible and private with a pavillion of some kind (not looking for a winery, castle, etc).  Pretty, scenic, versatile, and cheap.  that's my goal.

Also, I don't even know where to begin looking for makeup/hair artists and such.
Any suggestions? 
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Ithaca area everything

• Options
    edited December 2011
    HI Harmony,
    Have you tried Buttermilk falls or Robert Termain Park?  You can go to the clinique counter at Bon-ton and they will help you with your makeup you can even schedule an appointment for the day of your wedding. You may have to buy a lipstick or foundation.  I don't know a lot of hair stylists in Ithaca but ask around or call, most stylists charge around 45.00 to 80.00. 
    Let me know if you need any other help.  I am a wedding planner in Elmira.
    Mimihanley@yahoo.com
    Good Luck
  • Options
    burtcherylburtcheryl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have the PEFECT place
    The Barn Winery in Ithaca
    Burt and Cheryl
  • Options
    burtcherylburtcheryl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    wedding planners on this board???
    I thought it was NOT for vendors????

Waste of time for me wedding planners - they cost money and make it more complicated than it is!
    Burt and Cheryl
  • Options
    sbolger17sbolger17 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Also maybe look at Stewart Park?  Very pretty place with large pavilion.  Not sure how rentals work, but there have been a couple of Cornell events there so you must be able to rent at least the pavilion.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    chrissy721kchrissy721k member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    burtcheryl is such an obvious vendor troll. at least braidingpro isn't hiding behind a fake account.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards