New York-Upstate

XP: Photography Recommendations

Hi I'm in Elmira, getting married in Geneva next September and I am stressing over photography.

Pictures are a high priority to us and we are willing to spend $3,000-$4,000 we want 2 photographers and at least 10 hours if not unlimited coverage.  I want to do first looks, and would like a high quality flush mount album.  Its important to us to have the rights to our photos and hope to have an engagement shoot included.  Nice but not must haves would be a day after or trash the dress session, some prints or a canvas, and a proof book.  We want to gift our parents with albums as well, if included or discounted that would be great.

The problem I have is that there seems to be hundreds of photographers that have great prices under our budget but no one really stands out, and all the pictures look the same to me.  OR there's only one photographer or only 8 hours of coverage. 

I've fallen in love with a couple photographers that are way over our budget like $6,000ish but I cant seem to find a happy middle??

Any recommendations??? I like artsy editorial photography mixed with candid photojournalism. I've spent hours online, and been to several bridal shows but I feel even more lost and overwhelmed.

I'd really appreciate and advice, thanks in advance!
Sept 2012 Siggy:Bridesmaids' Dresses
Bari Jay 911 in Raspberry
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: XP: Photography Recommendations

• edited December 2011
    Our photographer was Magic Moments Photography, based out of Rochester, but Eric traveled to Aurora for our wedding. He is amazing! We chose the larger package, which has just about everything you described. Our photos look just like the ones in his portfolio and almost nothing is done in Photoshop, which is always a plus. He is definitely worth looking into.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Thaks Rachel, they are on my list I saw them at a show in Rochester a few weeks ago, but it was such a zoo I wasn't able to get much time with them.

Great to hear a personal review!
    Sept 2012 Siggy:Bridesmaids' Dresses
    Bari Jay 911 in Raspberry
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • kks4471kks4471 member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    I'm using Rick Bacmanski, who is based in Horseheads, but is traveling to my Geneva wedding location.  He has a lot of price options, and doesn't have a copyright on the photos.  We're doing the package that includes an album and all the photos on a cd.  He also offers albums for parents.  I believe we have him from 12 noon to 10pm, but I should check my contract lol.  Last, he can have a second photographer, starting at $500.  You should check him out :)  http://www.rickbacmanski.com
    Photobucket Anniversary
  • Hergies403Hergies403 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are using Sawicki. They are absolutely amazing!!!!
  • SeanchrysSeanchrys member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi, I am not sure of your exact style, but some photographers that have worked with also travel for destination weddings. If memory serves me right you could likely get their biggest package and travel cost for your budget. Worth a try I guess! Good luck!

• edited December 2011
    Check out Scott Kretschmann Photography. They are in your budget range and include all day coverage 2 photographers ( a husband a wife team) , a disc, and an album. SO happy with my photos from them. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards