New York-Upstate
Options

Candy Buffet

I'm doing a candy buffet for favors and I'm trying to figure out how much candy I need per quest.  With the research I have done so far, I have come up with answers varying from 4oz per guest to 1lb per guest.  Has anyone had any experience with this?  Any advice would be appreciated!

Re: Candy Buffet

• Options
    pandasquishypandasquishy member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm sorry I have no experience with candy buffets, but 1lb per person seems excessive.
    imageimage
    Follow my book blog: Panda Reads
    Follow me on Goodreads: my read shelf:
    Sandra's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm putting together a candy buffet too and also trying to figure this out.  I did some trial runs with my smaller containers and the cheapest candy I could find, and I think I pretty much decided I'm going to look for about 100-120 lbs of candy for 175 guests, a little more than a 1/2 pound per person.
    I think people suggest using more just so the buffet looks better/more full, not really that there's "enough" candy for everyone to eat.  So, I've been brainstorming to figure out the cheapest stuff I can put in the bigger containers in order to get a more impressive look. Also doing a few smaller containers with the same thing in them, just so it looks like there's more there
  • Options
    2gradeteacher2gradeteacher member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    http://www.acandystore.com/ has a great bulk selection!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards