New York-Upstate

Locations near Fort Drum

Hello all,

My fiance and I are waiting for our Visa so we can get married and I move to the US... since we are stuck waiting for the consulate that is backed up we likely won't be able to marry until Sept-Nov... we wanted it in Alexandria Bay (where we met) but I know the town shuts down in Oct for the winter. Anyone have any unique suggestions within an hour of Fort Drum? Our original plan which can't happen was an outdoor tent wedding by the water... so now what? We want to avoid the cookie cutter banquet hall wedding. We've seen the Edgewood and Riveredge and it's too impersonal for our taste, nice but not for us. If we can do it in Sept we are leaning towards Casa Blance on Cherry Island.

We will be living in the Fort Drum area, most of the guests and driving from Ottawa and Michigan... we are expecting 60-75 people.

Suggestions?

Thanks,
T

Re: Locations near Fort Drum

• nrotella1nrotella1 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Not all the hotels shut down in alexandria bay. I know the riveredge stays open all year and im pretty sure the edgewood stays open through october!
  • tina.stamourtina.stamour member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yes I know of those two but we aren't interested in the standard 'ballroom' style reception so were trying to avoid it. If it gets late into the season we may just have to. Thanks anyways! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards