New York-Upstate

Looking for music...

Hi!  I'm a little lost on the music thing... how do I know who is good without crashing a wedding to do so?  I have about $1,000 to spend on music, does anyone have any reccommendations for DJ's or bands in my budget in the Albany area??

Re: Looking for music...

• stefka26stefka26 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Check out reviews online.  Mike Garrasi and Paul Malo come highly recommended and we're going with Jeffery Scott, who got great reviews and is super responsive when I need to get in touch.
  • Kimberly0402Kimberly0402 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are using a band for our wedding. It was THE ONE slurge for us b/c we feel that music is the most important thing in our wedding and it's what we wantd. We are cutting back on everything else. We are spending $2200.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I would try Mark Hersh from Bllston Spa NY - Very professional,  yet personable and will do what you want done  ..:)

We used Meme's Florist just outside of Saratoga for our flowers. They were wonderful too. 

• edited December 2011
    I second Mike Garrasi!  FI and I talked to him last week and he was incredible!  We talked to him for about an hour on the phone, but within the first 5 min of our conversation we both knew that he had to be our DJ.  He's about $1500, but he gave us a deal and will provide mics for the ceremony (he would do the music too, but my cousins will be playing violin), music for cocktail hour, and reception for $1,250.  FI and I are originally from Amsterdam, NY (where he's out of) and he recognized our names, so he gave us a bit of a price break.

Mike doesn't play any cheesey music, props, games, nothing like that.  He seemed very dedicated to making the your wedding the best day the best it could possible be, and will do just about anything to make you happy!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards