New York-Upstate
Options

Alterations in the capital region...

Did any of you ladies buy your gown at David's in Colonie??  I was very pleasantly surprised to find mine there last week!!  It won't come in until early May, but I'm trying to think ahead as for what I plan to do for alterations.  Hopefully I will only need a hem, bustle, and bra cups put in.

For those of you that did order from David's, what was your experience with getting alterations there (if you did)?  Did you have a good experience with them alterations-wise and would you recommend them, based on both quality of the work and pricing??  If you got your gown at David's but went somewhere else for alterations-- howcome and where did you go? Please let me know!

Anyone in the capital region that already got alterations or is in the process:  who are you using and are you/did you have a good experience??  I care more about the quality of the work than the pricing, but obviously I'd like the best of both worlds : )

Suggestions/advice please!!  TIA ladies!

Re: Alterations in the capital region...

• Options
    edited December 2011

I bought my dress at Yvonne's and had my alterations done there.  However, for all my BM dresses for other weddings I've been in I go to Maria's on Carmen Rd in Schnectady.  One of our friends also had her wedding gown down there.  She is excellent and isn't too expensive.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I am in the process right now.. my dress isnt scheduled for alterations until may18 but one of my bridesmaids bought her wedding gown at Davids in Colonie and had a very good experience with alterations as did her sister.  She was with me when I set up the appt. so I asked and she said he dress fit perfectly and she had to have alot taken because she is such a small person.  Im hoping have the same experience..... Good luck!  Oh and price wise I guess it seems expensive according to my friend but alterations always are a bit pricey, Im sure its not more than some of the private boutiques.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards