New York-Upstate
Options

Longfellow's in Saratoga!

Hi Ladies!  My fiance recently asked me to marry him and I have just started looking for a great place to hold the reception and possibly even the ceremony.  I've heard some buzz about Longfellow's in Saratoga (which is my home town).  Although I used to live in Saratoga I know little about the place and was wondering if anyone has booked their wedding here or has heard positives/negatives about the place.  Thanks for your help!

Re: Longfellow's in Saratoga!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Hi! We are leaning toward Longfellow's for our ceremony/reception. Actually my fiance picked it. It's a beautiful place and very resonable priced. The food is great and the atmosphere is very nice. When are you getting married?
  • Options
    jts001jts001 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Well I'm meeting with the Longfellows wedding planner on the 19th to discuss possible dates.  Both my fiance and I are thinking April 2013.  It seems like a long way from right now, but it's only a little over 2 years.  When are you getting married?!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    FI and I go there quiet frequently for dinner on special occasions. It is absolutely beautiful!! So authentic and the food is great!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My fiance and I are having our wedding reception there 10/22/11.  It's a great place..the atmosphere...the food....everything.  Friends of mine were married there and every since then I fell in love with it.  They have been awesome to work with also..I have been working with Rebecca and she has been great from the time we first met with her.  I would totally recommend it.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We were looking into them for catering and unfortunately did not have as nice of an experience as some other people.  We live downstate and drove up for a tasting that had been scheduled three weeks beforehand with Brenda.  When we arrived she said we never confirmed it (after I had sent her an emial confirming 3 days earlier) and refused to serve us and was pretty rude about it.  She then sent an email at 5 that night stating that she was unavailable to seat us that day (?????). Needless to say they didnt' get our business and we booked with Kevin Sykes of Mansion Catering - who is AWESOME! 

Good Luck!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My fiance and I looked at Longfellow's and it ended up being our second choice in the end (we went with The Desmond because it would fit the size of my family better). We were very impressed with Rebecca's help and really liked how everything looked on paper.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Have you decided to go with Longfellows?

My fiancée and I have eaten there twice, and currently have our date saved for 11/4/11 at LongFellows. We met with Brenda and I have communicated with Rebecca as well. Both seem great. 

I absolutely love the setting and atmosphere. The only thing we have heard from others is that the bar at cocktail hour can be sort of slow, and some people have been to weddings there when only bar tender is working. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011

We are booked at Longfellows at the end of July... My only complaint is that the rooms are REALLY expensive during track season and they do not offer a discount to wedding parties.  Its over $300 a night.  But if you are not going to get married during track season you will probably be okay.

• Options
    glittergirrllglittergirrll member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are having our reception there on 5/28/11 (one month!). I have so far had nothing but a great experience (have dealt with Brenda and Rebecca). I have heard nothing but good things from everyone I talk to. We have also eaten there and the food is great (that is also one of the things everyone says). I just love the setting and ambiance too. As another commentator said, the rooms are pricey and there is no discount for wedding blocks. But, people seem to be willing to splurge anyway so, so far we are really happy with our choice.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    anyone haveing their reception at Longfellow's the weekend of July 9th 2011? We are getting married there on the 10th and we are looking for a couple to split chair rentals with for an outdoor ceremony. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards