New York-Upstate

High Peak region help?

Hello upstate brides,

I am planning a wedding for the end of August 2011 in the High Peaks region of the Adirondacks. Has anyone else decided on this area? I am looking for suggestions on photographers, caterers, make-up & hair person, and shuttle company. 

Please let me know if you have some suggestions/experience. I would be so happy to hear it! 

Re: High Peak region help?

• edited December 2011
    I, and a number of other folks on the board will have (oct 16th for me) or have had weddings in lake placid and environs. 

is there the general area you are hoping for? because the high peaks can be a LARGE area. 

i think if you give us more info on what you want specifically, we might be of more assistance. i dont want to go on and on about my lake placid wedding if you really really want to get married in paul smiths, etc. 
    http://www.mywedding.com/lynnieandandy
    october '10 siggy: Early Pic of me and FI (not the first.....)
    imageVisit The Knot! Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    For Make up Lipstick N' Lashes is really good. If I were getting married here that is who I would use! My photog is traveling to us so he is local to the upstate area we are using Scott Kretschmann Photography. As for caterers what is your venue do they have a recommendation!
  • burtcherylburtcheryl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    How about Lake George?
    Burt and Cheryl
  • edited December 2011
    For my engagement photos I used Paul Hameline in the Lake Placid area.  I would have used him for my wedding as well, but I changed my locations to the southern Adirondacks. 

Anyways, he's super great to work with, and prices are competative.

Lipsticks and Lashes are good, but I don't know if they will travel that distance (about 2 hours for them) but I know they have a great spa/salon at the Mirror Lake Inn.

As Lynnie said, could you give us more specifics as to the High Peaks area you will be getting married?  ie. Lake Placid, Keene, etc.

September 2011 *September Siggy Challenge*: Color Inspiration Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Let me know what you find! I'm in the same boat but I do know I want mine near Lake Placid. The trouble I'm having is I would like an indoor ceremony and would prefer in it a chapel or church.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards