New York-Upstate

Photographers in Saratoga/Albany

My wedding is at Saratoga National in September 2010.  I am deciding between Baily Photography and Out of the Ordinary Photography.  Any experience with either that you could share to help my decision?

Re: Photographers in Saratoga/Albany

• edited December 2011

We met with Bailly Photography and were not impressed, would have gone with Out of the Ordinary but she was booked for our date, we ended up going with Dan from Photo Emphasis out in Rochester and his travel fee was very reasonable .  However, I know brides on this board have raved about both.  Check out some of the bios so you can see some of their pics. Good luck choosing!!

• edited December 2011

We love Holly from Out of the Ordinary. She is very mellow and easy to work with, and I think she has a very creative eye. Some of our epics are in my bio. We also considered Bailly Photography, but thought Holly was a bit more artistic, based on the photos we saw online, so we interviewed her first and hired her that day. As pp said, brides here rave about both, and for us it was purely a matter of style.

• iamjoesgurliamjoesgurl member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We used Bailly because we loved Matt's work from our e-pics.  You can see some of our pictures in my bio.  Matt is pretty quiet, but has a really great eye.  He captured our day so well.  Everyone who has seen the pictures have LOVED them.  I can't speak for Holly because she wouldn't travel to where we got married, but I can say that if I had it to do over, I wouldn't look for anyone else.

If you want someone who does an album, I don't think Matt does that.
  • iamjoesgurliamjoesgurl member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh and one more thing - Matt's wife Leah is his partner.  So we had two photographers for the day which was great because they were always in different places to capture more of the day.  For example, after the ceremony, we went with Matt and did pics of just DH and me.  Leah was at the cocktail hour doing pics of our guests.
  • edited December 2011

Holly must have widened her travel area then, because she is doing our wedding at the same venue joesgurl used, and is not charging us travel fees. I think it is a good idea to check with vendors you might be interested in to confirm their policies- the economy has changed things for a lot of people, wedding vendors included.

• edited December 2011
    I LOOOOOOOOVE Holly!!!  We got married this August at The Sagamore and she was absolutely PHENOMENAL.  She also has the option to have a second photographer (we had Nichole who was also amazing!).  I don't have a single complaint about Holly.  I was absolutely, completely thrilled.

My Planning Bio (pics and link to Holly's page with our pics) in here.

I also have some pics in my blog (link in siggy)

Good luck!  I also know people who used Matt and Leah and loved them.
    My H&F Blog * H&F Badges

imageimageimage

2010 Highlights
    9/26 Adirondack Marathon 5:11:37 (major knee pain, but hey, I finished!)

2011 Races and Results
    5/29 Buffalo Marathon (5:25 - not pretty, just trying not to get heatstroke!)
    9/25 Adirondack Marathon (take 2!)
    One of these days I'll have a good marathon!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards