Wedding Vows & Ceremony Discussions

Bubbles really??

We're having an outdoor ceremony at a hilton at the end of August. I know most brides give out bubbles for the end of the ceremony but every wedding i go to that does that only like 10 people do it. Just seems like a waste of money. Does anybody have any other ideas? Can't use confetti, petals, rice or anything like that. Help.

Re: Bubbles really??

• We just skipped it.  Everyone stood and clapped and cheered and that was enough for us.  we didn't need them throwing anything at us.  :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Ditto Dani.  Clapping and cheering:  it's free, easy, eco-friendly, and not lame.
    "Trix, it's what they/our parents wanted. Why so judgemental? And why is your wedding date over a year and a half ago? And why do you not have a groom's name? And why have you posted over 12,000 posts? And why do you always say mean things to brides?" palegirl146
  • Seems like everyone now uses bubbles, so I went back to tradition--birdseed.  It'll fit a long with our wedding better. Our wedding them is country/rustic. I cut pieces of tulle, put some birdseed in it, and tied it with a ribbon. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Personaly, I'd skip it.  Guests will wave, clap and cheer anyway. 

If you really want to do something, maybe glowsticks, noise makers, or ribbon wants.  If you want something silly, and DH has a hobby or favorite sport, maybe have the groomsmen make an arch of crossed "swords" of toy swords, toy light sabers, hockey sticks or baseball bats.

• Although my wedding is not for a year..I think we may skip the whole bubbles thing.  I agree with everyone...clapping and cheering is simple, cheap (whoo hoo) and eco friendly!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I definitely don't think you need anything for your guests to throw.  But... FWIW, we gave bubbles to our guests and I think almost everyone did use them.  We had some really cool pictures with bubbles.
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • You could do a butterfly release (depending on the time of year), or dried flowers.  If you are the environemtnally conscious type, I would not use rice, as it makes local  wildlife sick.  Bubbles are sticky.  I never understood them.  You spend all this money on the dress and hair and make up, only to be sticky with soapy bubbles?  It's just not my thing. 

A simpe line of guests clapping and cheering is just as nice as tossing something. 
  • If the wedding is at night, you could use sparklers?? I saw a wedding picture like that once and it looked pretty neat.
    Affordable Photography for all www.yundtphotography.com located in the Salisbury/Concord/Charlotte Area!
  • We're using lavendar buds/rice.  It's cheap ($9/pound on ebay) - biodegradable - and smells great!

I'm not big into the bubble thing either.
    Anniversary
  • I'm going with old fashioned clapping and cheering here.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards