• Images
  • Text
  • Find a Couple + Registry
GO
New York-Upstate

Outdoor Wedding Venue

I'm so completely new to this and so completely lost... I need help!  We are looking for an outdoor location to hold a small (50-75 people) somewhat casual wedding, ceremony and reception, in the up state NY area.  We LOVE the Adirondacks however everyone would be coming from far away so we need something somewhat close to an airport (within 1-2 hours drive).

I don't want it too casual but I definitely don't want anything elegant or fancy.  I'd like trees and/or water and possibly a barn or similar for the reception.  Any suggestions??

Re: Outdoor Wedding Venue

• edited December 2011
    We're getting married in october of this year in lake Placid. everyone is coming from far away for us, too. 

Its about a 2 hour drive from both Albany and Burlington airports. I have a LOT of suggestions if you are interested, but it would probably help if you gave more details like

1) what time of year
    2) how much $$ (roughly) per person
    3) ceremony/reception in the same place? or do you need a church? synagogue? mosque? etc

if you want, feel free to PM me. 
    http://www.mywedding.com/lynnieandandy
    october '10 siggy: Early Pic of me and FI (not the first.....)
    image Visit The Knot! Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    We're using Crystal Cove in Averill Park NY its amazing nice Adirondack setting trees and a beautiful lake with a small beach area sounds perfect for the type of event your looking for.
  • sportyone19sportyone19 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I was in a similar situation.  We wanted a small country-esque venue for ceremony and reception site with the majority of guests coming from out of state. We recently booked with the Appel Inn, in Altamont.  It's the most beautiful place ever, a rustic reception location with the ceremony site close to a river!  And best of all its only a 15 minute drive from the Albany Airport.  We  couldn't be happier with our choice!!

• LizzieD0328LizzieD0328 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We just booked the Blue Water Manor, in Bolton Landing, NY.  I would say that it is under 1 hour and a half from Albany Airport. It's right on Lake George. They have a spot that over looks the lake and the mountains where you can have the ceremony. BEAUTIFUL!!  It has a great Adirondack feel to it.  The wedding coordinator there is great to work with!  I highly recommend it!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards