New York-Upstate
Options

Rochester, NY ceremony and reception venue ideas

Even though I've only been engaged for 2 weeks, I'm on the hunt for ceremony/reception venues for Fall 2012 (estimating 200 people). At first I looked to Casa Larga, and I loved it. Then I started questioning if I really liked the inside decor (styled somewhere in the 1980s to 1990s, and I like a more clean, elegant look). While the picture opportunities outside are beautiful, we'll be limited to only Casa Larga property - and after coming across wedding photography websites and beautiful pictures taken in Rochester, I'm torn! So, I started the hunt again! I'm wondering if others have suggestions for a combined ceremony/reception venue in, or neighboring, Rochester. I recently came across the Rochester Plaza Hotel and the Rochester Riverside and Conference Center. Has anyone had any experience with either of these places? Or, are there any other suggestions? Thanks in advance!!
Allison

Re: Rochester, NY ceremony and reception venue ideas

• Options
    If my FI and I were having a big wedding (we're having ours at a Bed & Breakfast in Rochester with only 8 guests) - I would have used the George Eastman House or Belhurst Castle.... they are both incredible :)

• Options
    Belhurst Castle was actually my first pick - but they're all booked up (and have been for quite some time). I'll look into the George Eastman House - thanks for the recommendation!
    Allison
  • Options
    Try these:
    Colgate Divinity
    Woodcliff
    Inn on Broadway
    Ventosa (Finger Lakes)
    Irondequoit Country Club

Good Luck :))
    Jenna
    Bella Weddings & Events
    www.bellaweddingsite.com
  • Options
    Thanks for the tips!
    Allison
  • Options

Sounds like we're in the same boat. I looked at Rochester Plaza yesterday with my fiance and parents -- did NOT like it. The tour guide lady was 20 mins late for our apt and the decor was very '1980s' kind of dingy. I was more turned off more by the service than the venue itself but still, I wouldnt suggest it. I'm looking at Radisson Riverside tonight which looks gorgeous. I went to a wedding there and loved the venue. Also The Rochester Club Ballroom looks nice... but again, kind of out-dated. The Daisy Flour Mill is nice too but its small so if your party is 150+ that wouldnt work. I have an apt at Casa Larga tomorrow - The inside is okay from what I remember from my high school prom, haha. But the photo ops in the vineyard are awesome there... so it definitely has its perks.
    Good luck venue hunting!!!

• Options
    Harro East is very classy
    and the Auditorium Center is a great place

http://www.harroeastballroom.com/
    http://www.auditoriumcenter.com/default.asp
  • Options
    I just booked the Radisson Riverside, has a wall of windows where you can see the city all lit up at night, very excited for this! Recently updated with new carpeting and the staff there were soo nice and helpful!! As for ceremony, we are getting married in a church but do not know which one yet! Looking for a old style church with stain glass windows.. Looked at a few but nothing has struck me yet!! Any church ideas???
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards