New York-Upstate

Informal Cocktail Reception

My fiance and I are not very formal and prefer a casual wedding.  We had wanted to have a reception in my backyard, but believe space will be an issue.  I was thinking of having a cocktail reception instead of a formal sit-down reception, to keep everything somewhat casual.  I am just having trouble finding the right venue.  I'd love a cool jazz club feel, or something like that.  I'm just not sure if there is anything like that in the albany/saratoga area for ~150-175 people.  We've also talked about having something at a camp in the lake george area, but all the venues I've seen feel too formal.

Re: Informal Cocktail Reception

• edited December 2011
    I think that Caffe Lena in Saratoga has hosted weddings before. They have a stage and it's kind of a cool, laid-back coffee house place. Not sure if they would host a cocktail reception but worth checking out.

I would also recommend contacting local art galleries which could be laid back and fun - like Albany Center Gallery.

The Factory in Ballston Spa (http://www.thefactoryeatery.com/) also looks pretty unique and not too fancy.

It's tough because most places that hold cocktail receptions are pretty fancy. Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards