New York-Upstate

TS Ensemble or Grand Central Station??

I started looking into bands and the 2 that fit comfortably within our budget are TS Ensemble and Grand Central Station.  We havent seen either live yet, but plan to soon.  In the meantime I was hoping you girls could either share your experiences with either, or reccommend one of them?  We tend to like bar bands/cover bands.  I realize these are both wedding bands, but we're hoping to get that fun-energentic feel at our wedding.  Nothing cheesy and just plain GOOD music and vocals.

Any thoughts on either of these bands??

Re: TS Ensemble or Grand Central Station??

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-york-upstate_ts-ensemble-or-grand-central-station?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:124Discussion:9c61a842-6586-4068-9f95-bb078ae38986Post:347b1491-d382-47d0-b270-f43d887b494a">TS Ensemble or Grand Central Station??</a>:
    [QUOTE]I started looking into bands and the 2 that fit comfortably within our budget are TS Ensemble and Grand Central Station.  We havent seen either live yet, but plan to soon.  In the meantime I was hoping you girls could either share your experiences with either, or reccommend one of them?  We tend to like bar bands/cover bands.  I realize these are both wedding bands, but we're hoping to get that fun-energentic feel at our wedding.  Nothing cheesy and just plain GOOD music and vocals. Any thoughts on either of these bands??
    Posted by ArmyBride07[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>FI and I didn't like TS Ensemble.  I don't know anything about Grand Central Station.

</div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-york-upstate_ts-ensemble-or-grand-central-station?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:124Discussion:9c61a842-6586-4068-9f95-bb078ae38986Post:41a40874-e10f-4dbc-81f3-0499ba397bbc">Re: TS Ensemble or Grand Central Station??</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to TS Ensemble or Grand Central Station?? : FI and I didn't like TS Ensemble.  I don't know anything about Grand Central Station.
    Posted by mbuckley85[/QUOTE]

Thank you for the reply!  Was there a specific reason you didnt like them or just an overall feeling?
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-york-upstate_ts-ensemble-or-grand-central-station?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:124Discussion:9c61a842-6586-4068-9f95-bb078ae38986Post:87a7a135-7805-4678-bc20-0e49a8e3a67c">Re: TS Ensemble or Grand Central Station??</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: TS Ensemble or Grand Central Station?? : Thank you for the reply!  Was there a specific reason you didnt like them or just an overall feeling?
    Posted by ArmyBride07[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>The main singer seemed very nasally.  I really didn't think I could listen to him all night.  They are pretty good, but his voice was very irritating to me.  </div><div>
    </div><div>We ended up going with New York Players.

</div>
  • We booked Grand Central Station for our wedding next September. They're great live and play a mix of everything from Top 40 to Motown. I think they're actually slated to open up for the Beach Boys cover band at Alive at Five in a couple weeks.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-york-upstate_ts-ensemble-or-grand-central-station?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:124Discussion:9c61a842-6586-4068-9f95-bb078ae38986Post:e52a67a4-5200-4221-bd3c-3a6df2b9843d">Re:TS Ensemble or Grand Central Station??</a>:
    [QUOTE]We booked Grand Central Station for our wedding next September. They're great live and play a mix of everything from Top 40 to Motown. I think they're actually slated to open up for the Beach Boys cover band at Alive at Five in a couple weeks.
    Posted by andrea103079[/QUOTE]

I'm so glad to hear that!  We're going to see them play on Saturday and we're really looking forward to it.
    When in September is your wedding next year?  Ours is the 14th  :)
  • Ours is the 21st at Franklin Plaza :)
  • Thanks for the help!  We booked Grand Central Station this past weekend.  We loved them!!
  • We just got married a month ago and had Grand Central Station. They were amazing. Everyone loved them. Go with them if you can.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards