New York-Upstate
Options

Flowers...this is a tough question to answer I'm sure

I have booked Margette at Price Chopper for my florist. I am going to focus on getting flowers that are in season for our wedding (oct) other than that that's all I really know. I have 7 bridesmaids which is a lot as far as bouquets are concerned. I have NO CLUE how much flowers cost so I was wondering if anyone could give me a ballpark based on the info I've given you. We plan to have flowers on the tables as well (roughly 20 tables). Any ideas???? I've given a deposit but haven't had our meeting yet and was just thinking about budget. Any input on what you have spent or are going to spend would be much appreciated!

Re: Flowers...this is a tough question to answer I'm sure

• Options
    edited December 2011

You're right, it's hard to give an estimate without knowing what flowers you are interested in. Twenty tables is a lot, and you have a big bridal party. (I'm guessing that you have a lot of guys, too.) I would plan on at least $1500, and that would be working to keep costs down. You didn't mention ceremony arrangements. Are you doing those too?

I've heard that Margette is talented, but I don't know anything about pricing there, so I'm guessing based on my interviews with other florists. Let us know how you make out!

• Options
    amaem80amaem80 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We booked Margette too! They are really reasonable but I would plan on at least 1500.  For what another florist quoted me for JUST the centerpieces, she is providing the whole package.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the info! We have 5 guys in the bridal party. Not planning to need a lot of ceremony flowers...the church itself is very detailed and won't need a ton of decoration. We will probably have some mums on the alter and some sort of pew decoration. I'll be meeting with Margette in the next month so I'll see how it goes. I was hoping to keep it under $2000 so your responses made me feel good about that!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Also telling her your budget at the begining is helpful.  That way she can suggest things to keep it under budget. (less expensive flowers, smaller arrangements, etc.)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    PSA: we just tried to book Margette for our wedding based on all the good things I've heard here but we didn't call far enough in advance.  Book early girls and good luck!
    TTC since 07/11 Me: 32 AO PCOS/DH: 32 Lowish count/motility IUI#1-3 = BFN (Clomid, Clomid-->Femara, Injects) IVF#1 ER on 9/24 19 ER/19 M/9 F w/ICSI Transferred a 5AA and a 5BB on 9/29 Beta 10/9 = 139 Beta 10/11 = 287
    imageimageAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

My Blog

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards