New York-Upstate

photographer

Hi,

I am looking for a new photographer who is just starting out.  I would like to keep my cost low and I am looking for someone who is not that expensive.  My wedding will be in Aurora Inn in May 2013.

Thanks!
Laila

Re: photographer

• Check out Meaghan Slottje. She's doing ours, has totally rocked my socks, and is pretty inexpensive :) 

Wedding Countdown Ticker I feel like I'm counting down the minutes until I marry my best friend
  • I highly recommend our photographer, PJN Photography.  They're a husband/wife team our of the Glens Falls area (they travel though) and they are seriously phenomenal.  They're not as well-known yet as some of the other photographers in the area and they're very reasonably priced, but they do amazing work.  They have a website but if you look them up on facebook, their recent pictures on there really showcase their talent.
    Good Luck!
  • Laila, that's exactly what I wanted to do for my pictures too. Fortunately my mom talked me out of it. My parents have only one wedding picture because they had a friend that had Professional camera taking pictures. Something went weary wrong and he had nothing. My parents ended up going to some studio few month later to retake some pictures. After that conversation I will never hire a nonprofessional for anything. Here's why: loving something doesn't make you good at it, many beginners have no photographic education, they just buy a camera and hardly know how to use it. Plus they try to buy cheaper or used equipment, because that's all they can afford. How reliable are they? Do they have a backup plan if something goes wrong? What made me reconsider, was a simple question: after all time spent on planning would you trust someone with little or no experience to capture all the special moments?
  • Check out www.lovecameraaction.com! She is just reopen isn't her business after taking a couple years off because she had a new baby. My friends used her and their photos were absolutely amazing! She always used two photographers and was so much fun to work with! If you're still looking I would highly recommend you use her!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards