New York-Upstate

Wine

Hey Ladies! I'm a June 2011 bride and as the second part of our HM we'll be going to Watkins Glen and I thought I'd check in with you ladies to see if there are any suggestions for wine tastings, tours, etc in the area. I've read that it's a great area but figured I'd get some local opinions.

TIA!

June 2011 Siggy Challenge: Everything but the Dress!
Wedding Countdown Ticker
56 image 39 image 4 image 11 image

Re: Wine

• edited December 2011
    Seneca Lake (east or west side) is an awesome lake to tour.  I haven't used any touring services; we generally just drive ourselves, switching driving on and off and stopping for lunch, etc.  A few of our favorite vineyards are: Glenora, Fox Run, Lakewood, Wagner and Red Tail Ridge (a MUST SEE).
    It's gorgeous there.  Have fun!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Definately a don't miss is Hazlitt on the east side of Seneca Lake.  It is just about 15 mins north of Watkins Glen.  My FI and I generally start there and head down to Watkins then back up the west side of the lake to Fox Run and other random places.  There is a good limo service that works out of Geneva - not sure of the name but I can get it and get it to you.  They travel to Rochester and everywhere in between so I'm sure they could help! 
    image 182 Made the cut!
    image 129 Are ready to party! image 53 Are missing out! image 0 Are making me crazy!
  • AeroStyleAeroStyle member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Atwater is beautiful and has delicious wine. I last went in the fall when they were tasting a mulled wine. Deeeeeelicious!

Glenora has a huge selection for tasting and also has a full restauraunt and hotel there.

Belhurst isn't our favorite for wine but the grounds are beautiful and you can walk up to the water, it will be really nice on a summer day.
  • kristalmscottkristalmscott member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks ladies! We'll be driving for sure, and hopefully we'll get a chance to visit a couple of these suggestions.  Thanks again :)

June 2011 Siggy Challenge: Everything but the Dress!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    56 image 39 image 4 image 11 image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards