New York-Upstate

Silver Bay YMCA Wedding Venue Spot

Our wedding was October 29th, 2011 at Silver Bay YMCA. It was AWESOME!!!!!! When we first started the planning process  we had met with Erin who was more then helpful through out the process, but as our wedding date came closer, she seemed a bit unavailable and then sent me an email stating that she was no longer the person in charge of our event, she had been moved to another position at the Bay and someone else was now handling our wedding.  At first admittedly I was a bit taken back by this...in fact at first I was a little angry at the fact that Silver Bay switched point people and I was angry at the fact that I had to seek out that information on my own and  not openly shared with us when Erin  changed positions...It felt like an ...”Oh by the way” moment...not something that I felt at the time was handled in the proper way....Enter John Yerdon...at first because of the aforementioned  transition, I was a little hesitant of John, but after my first contact with him he proved to me that he was more than up to speed with the wedding plans. John far surpassed my expectations. He openly and effectively communicated every question and concern I had.  He was on point with all the other vendors for the wedding and quick to act.  He was on top of everything and even though I did not meet him face to face until two days before the wedding I honestly felt that he had been my point person all along.  Soon after our in person meeting he said something to me that just blew me away…”we are here for you”…John and the team at Silver Bay proved this over and over again the weekend of my wedding.  It honestly felt like we had a personal attendant with us at all times (though I do not want to refer to John as an Attendant because he was so much more than that)  In fact the entire staff ant Silver Bay was fantastic, they were all so accommodating and caring.  Not to mention that the Food was out of this world.  I couldn’t have asked for a better wedding venue and  a better weekend.  Thank you John Yerdon and the Staff at  Silver Bay for giving us the wedding that all of our friends and family will talk about for a long time. 

Re: Silver Bay YMCA Wedding Venue Spot

• iamjoesgurliamjoesgurl member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We got married there in October 2009 and I agree with everything you said.  The communications before the wedding were a bit difficult but on our wedding day, the staff was so incredibly attentive and was there at every step of the way.  The food was excellent and many of our guests went out of their way to communicate that to us.  It sounds like even though staff members have changed over time, the service has not.  I highly recommend Silver Bay to anyone looking to be married in the Lake George area.
  • We looked Silver Bay and it wasn't for us.. We wanted something smaller, and a place where all of our guests could stay in one place! BUT It was by far one of the most beautiful, and amazing places I have seen! Seriously, It's so unique and encrediable and it offers so many different places within the location to get married and have the recieption.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards