New York-Upstate

Albany Caterers

Hello! My sister is getting married in the summer of 2011 at the Pruyn House in Newtonville. She is looking for a highly reccomended caterer to handle her day. So far Classe, Elegant Touch, and Nicoles have each been suggested to her multiple times.  Any one have any experience with these three? Anyone book them for your own wedding? Any other/better catering suggestions?  Thanks!

Re: Albany Caterers

• edited December 2011
    Nicole's I have heard good things about, my friend's wedding was Elegant Touch and it wasn't great fodo plus they set the tables for the wrong number and I spent the morning running around changing them!  I highly reccomend Mansion Catering out of the Glen Sanders Mansion, they are awesome!! I've been to a few parties catered by them and they are always flawless and easy to work with.
  • jnc0102103jnc0102103 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hey,
    I am getting married on September 18,2010 and we are using Birch Hill Catering out of Schodack NY and they are wonderful we have had some bumps in the road and they were VERY accomodating to us. There food is wonderful and they bring everything in you would need or want to have a special day if you needed a officaint they would bring that too. I hope this helps
  • edited December 2011
    I am using Classe for my wedding at 11 North Pearl.  I just had another friend use them at an off-site place and they were wonderful!!  I highly recommend them!
  • mm133123mm133123 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I just went to a wedding at the Pruyn House, and it was great!! Really beautiful.  Birch Hill did their catering and it was pretty good.  I just booked Elegant Touch as my caterer.  I had sampled their food at a tasting and really liked it.
    Good Luck!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Both Classe and Unique caterers are consistently high quality
  • edited December 2011
     I have heard good things about Mansion Catering, Lily of the Rose & Longfellows. Good luck!
  • ryankjaryankja member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Partail to Classe since they not only can handle to food & beverage but any sort of design, lighting, specialty linens. Plus you have an Event Planner on site the day of your event to coordinate everything.
    Pruyn House can hold 125 max for seated of buffet.  Recommend the rectangle tables that hold 16 for a unique, intimate setting.

good luck!
  • marycbaiamarycbaia member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Definately has to be Mansion Catering
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards