New York-Upstate

Albany Videographers under $1000?

Do you know of any videographers who will do your whole wedding under 1000? We are looking to spend $800 at the ABSOLUTE MAX or around $300-400 for just ceremony. Maybe I'm dreaming...

Re: Albany Videographers under $1000?

• LisaB26541LisaB26541 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are using Tibor Torok as our videographer.  The package deal is just under $1000.  He travels anywhere in NY and PA.  That includes both ceremony and reception.  Maybe he could put a cheaper package together for you for just the ceremony.

http://web.mac.com/tibortorok/iWeb/tibortorok/Packages.html
  • iamjoesgurliamjoesgurl member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If you want raw footage, you would be paying for someone's time to attend the wedding, their equipment and anything after for putting it onto DVD.  That alone would cost someone at least $150 (their time, gas, maintaining good equipment, etc.).  If you want it to be edited, that takes much longer - especially if the videographer is good.  My husband does weddings sometimes and he wouldn't really make any money doing a good video if he charged $300 - $800 (unless it was unedited).  I don't have any suggestions - I just thought I'd mention why a good videographer will charge more than that.
  • Gumby003Gumby003 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I used Lance Wheeler and he was amazing. He was just above 1,000 for the basic package, but I had him for hours and I am sure he stayed longer than he was supposed to. We got a youtube clip the day after our wedding and the video all edited within a week! He did an amazing job-worth every cent-and my husband and I have watched the video numerous times already. He was unobtrusive and I forgot that he was there. Highly recommend checking him out and he may be able to do a cheaper package if you just want him at the church.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards