New York-Upstate
Options

Need Rochester Vendor Recommendations, Ceremony, Officiant, Florist and Hair and Make Up

FI and I are STILLLL in search of a church that allows non memebrs to get married there. We've been shunned away by two churches already because we live together and all of the non deominational churches are like $900!! Does anyone have anything to recommend? We really want a chruch... 

I am also looking for a reasonibly priced florist and hair and make up artsists... Who are you all using and what do their price ranges run?

TIA!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Need Rochester Vendor Recommendations, Ceremony, Officiant, Florist and Hair and Make Up

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I highly recommend St. Mary's Church in downtown Roch., Edgerton Florist on Park Ave., and Belleza Salon and Spa on Monroe Ave. Very high quality and price is will worth it at all three. I consider all reasonably priced.
  • Options
    teddib20teddib20 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Great thanks! I will look into all of the above!! :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Good luck! Tell Rita at Belleza that I referred you! :) She is the owner.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I would def reccomend Stacy K floral, she does amazing work. And Chapel Hill is a gorgeous church to get married in.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I too got married at Chapel Hill but it's in the range you stated above that you were NOT looking to spend. I have to say it was worth it. We got to do our wedding our way. Also, we went with Kittleberger's Florist and they were AMAZING!!!! Check out my pics in my bio.
    If you need a photographer, I'd obviously have to recommend Kracke Photography. They too are phenominal!
    As far as Hair and MakeUp. My hair was done by my friend but I went to Scott Miller for my makeup. I can't remember the lady's name that did it but she did a great job. She's Italian and adorable.
    Baby, you've got the sort of eyes that tell me tales...
    :Blog:
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Church - We used Church of the Blessed Sacrament and Father Bob Kennedy.  He was amazing and fun and the church is very pretty.
    Flowers- Magic Garden in Henrietta.  We worked with Dawn.  I cannot say enough great things about her and her work and her creativity.  She will work with any budget and you will end up with WAY more than you paid for.  Tell her Joe and Kelly Manza sent you.
    Hair - Michael Dunham at Pasquale Salon on Monroe Ave.  I am not sure how much he charges as he is a close friend, but I believe it is around $40.
    Make-up -  Chelse Moffat.  She charges about $80 and includes a trial run and some other little extras.  Her number is 338-1251 
    Photographer - Jaime Davis at Captured Memories forever.  You will love her.  She did a great job and is super reasonable and very personable.  
    May I suggest a videographer?  We were not going to have on but decided on it later and I am SO glad we did.  The video is the best investment we made.  It was SO funny and it was amazing to see the things he caught on camera that we had NO clue was even going on.  We went with Dave Siriano at Shineyhead Productions.  He is a great person and will really enhance your day.  My wedding was this past November and if you would like any other suggestions, etc, please feel free to email me at chipperberg at yahoo dot com...  Good luck
  • Options
    eunruh69eunruh69 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I highly recommend Westminster Chapel in Mendon NY. Beautiful church and banquet hall.... 
    Jimmy at Edgerton Florist is amazing. We used him for our wedding and were very happy. We had a small, small, small budget,but he treated us like we were one of his million dollar clients. 
    BabyFetus Ticker BabyFruit Ticker "You are not here merely to make a living. You are here to enable the world to live more amply, with greater vision, and with a finer spirit of hope and achievement. You are here to enrich the world. You impoverish yourself if you forget this errand." - Woodrow Wilson
  • Options
    teddib20teddib20 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you everyone!!! I will definetely give those vendors a call.

We checked with the Mendon Westminister Hall, and they were booked for my date... 

Thanks again girls!! You're the best!
  • Options
    springsummerspringsummer member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Another good spot I found was the website, thebestweddingplanner.com.  It is overwhelming when you first look at it, but you can do a search in the Rochester area for specific services you are looking for.  The florist that I am using is Chase Greenhouses in Rush.  They have been very helpful so far, and everyone that I have talked to them about has had nothing but good experiences! I hope this helps!
  • Options
    D PhillipsD Phillips member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I recommend Nick Carter Weddings (http://www.nickcarterweddings.com/) and for a MUA--check out Elegant Faces by Desiree (www.Elegantfacesbydes.com).  Both advertise on theKnot and are reasonably priced.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
     i would go to All About Flowers in Avon,a short distance from Rochester. Great florists unique designs
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    For a church did you try the chapel at the U of R? I know its non-denominational and I think the fee is about $600. I looked into it for ours, but they book quickly there. The bonus to that is the U of R campus setting for photos. We went there to do ours and they were beautiful. If you would like to see let me know!

Hair/makeup I went to Tiffany Loveless with Euphoria Salon in Victor. She is amazing and a total sweetheart!

Flowers I also highly recommend Kittelbergers in Webster. My flowers were perfect, and I got a ton of compliments on them. They were great even when I had last minute changes.

also, if you need a limo, we used Nicoles Limo. He was amazing! we had a suv limo (expedition maybe?) for only $400 for 4 hours. Our driver was amazing and Ralph the owner was super nice.

good luck!
    *~ Tracy & John October 3rd 2009 ~* Bio image
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am getting married at St. Paul's in Pittsford.  It a very cute church, and the pastor is really nice.  They are also very affordable.  You have to do premarital counseling to be married there.  I had looked at Chapel Hill too, but it is really expensive.
    Stacey K floral is really nice, but she is slightly pricey, and if you want to DIY any of your flower's she doesn't take you, unless she buys the flowers for you herself.
    I would reccomend Bouquette's by Bonnie for flowers.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards