New York-Upstate
Options

reception venues? around ithaca/cortland

we're looking for some reception venues around the ithaca/cortland area? we'd love something more rustic, old, vintage.. maybe a winery..? there are a few places we like..but nothing too spectacular. oh & we're not on a huge budget. [we really love belhurst castle ..but it's a bit far plus $10,000 for just the space is too much.] thanks!

Re: reception venues? around ithaca/cortland

• Options
    Rachel&JoeRachel&Joe member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Fontainebleau Inn in Alpine.
  • Options
    edited December 2011

I got married this summer at the Fontainebleau and LOVED it. There are also a ton of wineries like Six MIle in the Ithaca area. Cortland doesn't have much other than the SUNY Alumni house which is very pretty. HTH

• Options
    edited December 2011
    hmm i've been looking at it. i love how it looks but we really love a different caterer than they allow so we'll have to see.. but thanks!

keb what a cute bio love your dress! you got married the day our dd was born lol

did any of you look at celebrations? we're looking there too. or la tourelle? i love their spa & hotel.. [we're staying there a few nights after] but have never seen their banquet hall..

• Options
    edited December 2011

Cellarius-

Thanks! I need to update with some more photos of the wedding one of these days. At the Fontainebleau, they are willing to work with you for catering, however, I used Word of Mouth and can honestly say that it was the best wedding food Ive ever had (yes, I am biased, but you really do need to check them out).

Celebrations is nice, but the food isn't that great. Also, it's a bit of a stock ballroom which wasn't what I was looking for. I personally HATED the look of LaTourelle and was really disappointed when I saw it. It's a huge mirrored, carpeted room. Not my taste at all.

HTH

• Options
    edited December 2011
    The Pumpelly House Estate in Owego. It's a little bit of a drive, but their Carriage House was the perfect setting for our wedding. It's a beautiful place with the Susquehanna River as your backdrop.

www.pumpellyhouse.com
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards