New York-Upstate

Where is a good place to take photos at?

Our ceremony starts at 6:30pm and then goes right into the reception. We want to take photos a few hours before. The problem is I am not sure where would be a good spot. We can take a few before on site but there is other events happening there earlier in the day. 

I've only been licing here for a little while so I am not sure where to a good spot would be. Does anyone have a good suggestion for around the saratoga, ballston spa to clifton park area? Please Help

Re: Where is a good place to take photos at?

• edited December 2011
    I would suggest Congress Park,Saratoga Spa State Park, or Yaddo Gardens. They are all located in Saratoga. Where is your ceremony and reception?
  • jessshireyjessshirey member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Its at the Fairways of Halfmoon in Mechanicville but I live in Ballston Spa. I was trying to maybe aviod saratoga bec of the the track traffic but its so beautiful.  Can you think of any place else?
  • edited December 2011
    Maybe you could try the Schuylerville area?  The Saratoga Battlefield has some beautiful panoramas; Saratoga Apple has an orchard you could take pictures in (and get a snack!); and the Phillip Schuyler House is a nice historic location.  Also, the Hudson runs through the town if you wanted some water shots.

If you took the long way from B Spa to Mechanicville, this could be (sort of) on the way, haha!

http://www.schuylervillechamber.org/about.asp
    "It starts out all very nice, two people promising to be together forever, I'll die when you die, my life meant nothing until you used my toothbrush. Then you start planning the wedding. Aunt Junie's allergic to milk. Uncle Momo's off his meds..."
  • jessshireyjessshirey member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the ideas...I will check them out!
  • aral2003aral2003 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Saratoga State Park is amazing!  We went there for our engagement session.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    My advice is to stay as close to the reception area as possible and to also choose a location that means something to you and your fiance. Saratoga State Park is beautiful, but if it's not something that is personal to you and your husband-to-be, maybe you could find something that is also beautiful, but that when you look back at your pictures, you'll have more of an emotional attachment to them because it was something special to the two of you.
    Does that make sense?
    www.AngieStarrPhotography.com
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards