New York-Upstate
Options

Pictures at Watkins Glen SP?

Hey ladies, 

So, I'm 4 days out, and I have a question. My SO and I are planning ond doing our formals at Watkins Glen SP (walk down the gorge trail), and when we'd called initially we were told we need some permit, and mailed us forms. When we called back to ask some questions about how the form should be filled out, the person we were talking to THEN apparently told the FI that we're not actually required to fill out the forms (which he didn't tell me about until just now.) 

Whooooo do you guys think we should believe? And what should we do if I'm really nervous about this? 
Wedding Countdown Ticker I feel like I'm counting down the minutes until I marry my best friend

Re: Pictures at Watkins Glen SP?

• Options
    Are you actually having your ceremony at the park, or just pictures taken? We are getting married at Taughannock Falls so we have to fill out a Wedding Permit, but we're having the ceremony and reception both at the park. Maybe the person you first talked to misunderstood and thought you were actually holding a ceremony? I wouldn't think you'd need a permit to take pictures at a public park. :)
  • Options
    Yeah, the plan is just pictures : We're getting married up the road at a winery. And enjoy your day at Taughanook one of my best friends from hs got married at the base of the fall and it was GORGEOUS.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker I feel like I'm counting down the minutes until I marry my best friend
  • Options
    Oh that's great! I think you should be alright without a permit then. Maybe call again if it's not too much trouble just to clarify your intentions and make sure everyone is on the same page. :)

I'm pretty jealous -- our original hope/plan was for a Finger Lakes winery venue! It will be beautiful - especially in the fall! Congratulations!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards