New York-Upstate
Options

Syracuse Wedding Venue Ideas?

I feel like I have seen posts for Rochester, Albany, Saratoga, Binghamton and basically everywhere around Syracuse, but nothing IN Syracuse. 

We are looking for a Barn type wedding (outdoorsly, earthy, casual) in the Syracuse reagion.  Any Suggesitons?

Re: Syracuse Wedding Venue Ideas?

• Options
    Did you try Highland Forest?  I'm not sure what they have there, but I know people get married there all the time.  I got married @ Orchard Vali Golf club in LaFayette and the food was awsome and reasonable. I'm pretty sure they cater the food for Highland. Something to look into anyway.....
  • Options
    Have you thought about Arrowhead?  Or depending how many people a local church?  Some have very large rooms in them.
  • Options
    melntaittmelntaitt member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited January 2012
    Truthfully I can't imagine where in the city limits there would be space for a barn wedding because it's a pretty urban area. We live about 20 miles south in Cortland and it's never easy to find anyting outdoor-sy in Syracuse. Even outdoor weddings are in a park or the Gazebo in Liverpool.

If you're more into outdoor and not into barn there are alot of options; if you want to travel there are a few areas in Groton and Ithaca.

Good luck....
    Vacation White Knot
  • Options
    Embassy Suites Hotel in East Syracuse has a beautiful indoor atrium with a flowing stream and tons of trees and foliage. Ceremonies can be held there and the cocktail hour is held in the atriums pavilion.
  • Options
    originally we wanted a barn wedding too, but I couldn't find anything. So we went for a wedding in the adirondacks!

However, since then I have found 2 places that have events in a barn locally. Critz's farms holds events in there barn!

and I hear http://www.frogpondbandb.com is nice too!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards