New York-Upstate
Options

Winter wedding in Adirondacks

We are planning for a 2012 February-March wedding, however we havent been venue shopping yet. We are very familiar with the region as we ski/snowboard, but we never spent the night except for in small B&Bs. We need to accomodate a small party and our budget is not huge.
Any reviews of the resourts please?

Re: Winter wedding in Adirondacks

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Where in the Adirondacks are you looking?
    September 2011 *September Siggy Challenge*: Color Inspiration Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We're doing a Winter Wedding in the Adirondacks as well! :-) So, I can tell you I've visited a ton of places before we decided on the Inn at Erlowest in Lake George. I personally think they are the best, but i'm biased as I've tasted their food & it's worth every cent. (www.theinnaterlowest.com)

We looked all over though, and some options are The Copperfield Inn (www.copperfieldinn.com North Creek - near Gore Mt) which has a few dining options; The Woods Inn (www.thewoodsinn.com - Inlet) which wouldn't accomodate a group our size, but seemed very reasonable & scenic; The Mountaineer Restaurant at the Northwoods Inn (www.northwoodsinnresort.com/index.html - between Old Forge & Eagle Bay) which had very reasonable prices; The Lodge at Echo Lake (www.thelodgeonecholake.com - Warrensburg) which was private, but the "lake" is more of a small pond... ; Friends Lake Inn (www.friendslake.com - 30 min N of Lake George) which we didn't tour, but seemed nice on their website...

Don't try The Boathouse (Lake George) or The Sagamore (Bolton Landing) as they are both closed in the winter...

We looked around Lake Placid as well, but found everything to be ridiculously expensive with the Lake Placid Lodge leading the charge in expenses...  Mirror Lake Resort was also out of our price range... The Crown Plaza has a really cute boathouse right on the water which we liked.

Congratulations & best of luck!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thank you so much to both of you!
    We havent started looking yet, as we are waiting for the snow season to start since we are in the NYC and its not easy for us to drive upstate often.
    PKH0711 you are the second one who recommends the Erlowest, i took one look at the photograph and the building itself looks amazing, surely everything else is just as awesome.  Im not sure however if the Lake George area would sit well with my snowboarders - both my son & my fiance are crazy boarders and some of my fiance's guests are the devotees of the winter sports, lol, so i have to make sure that we are reasonably close to a ski medium/hard trails. The Northwoods inn, Copperfidl Inn and Friends Lake sound perfect. Thank you once again, hope your planning is easy and worry free.
    Congratulations! :-D

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I am getting married in October 2011 at The Fort William Henry Resort. I am from the area so I am very familiar with LG in the winter and I can tell you that FWH would be breathtaking. Not to mention the wedding planner there is PHENOMENAL. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    i'm getting married in october in Lake Placid at the Crown Plaza/Lake Placid Club. 

We looked around A LOT (in both lake placid and lake george areas) and if you want specific info on any of the following id be happy to give it to you

Lake Placid Area:
    Whiteface Lodge
    Whiteface Club
    Lake Placid Club (we are having our wedding here)
    Mirror Lake Inn
    Echo Lake Camp
    Point O' Pines Camp

Lake George Area:
    Cresthaven/Boathouse (but closed in winter, so probably not important)
    Inn at Erlowest
    Dunhams Bay
    Silver Lake YMCA
    Fort William Henry

Other Catskills locations (but maybe not what you are looking for):
    Emerson Resort and Spa
    http://www.mywedding.com/lynnieandandy
    october '10 siggy: Early Pic of me and FI (not the first.....)
    imageVisit The Knot! Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    vtarobinsovtarobinso member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I second Lynnie. I am getting married in October in Lake Placid at The Whiteface Lodge. We looked at it in January and it was beautiful (not inexpensive though).

The Crowne Plaza/ Lake Placid club has some great views and would probably be a great winter site. LP is great for winter sports enthusiasts. I grew up skiing at Whiteface, and Gore isn't too far from there either.
  • Options
    can anyone tell me how much the wedding at Lake Placid Club cost or how much per plate?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards