Tennessee
Options

Moving to Knoxville area?

My fiance and I currently live in DE, but he was laid off and has a job interview in Pigeon Forge. I think we're heading down there next Wed night - Sunday. Any tips on things in the area we should definitely check out to get a feel for whether or not we want to relocate? We know we like the scenery! :) Of course, then we have to decide whether to go with a wedding here in DE (just have one small deposit put down so far) and plan long distance or have it in TN and plan where I don't really know the area! Our family will be coming from OOT either way. But that's another dilemma for another day :) Thanks ladies!
ttc chart
BFP 8/01/12, EDD 04/10/12, mm/c @ 6wks, discovered at 8wks, D&C 9/05/12

Re: Moving to Knoxville area?

• Options
    MrsRhoadMrsRhoad member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The Pigeon Forge area is amazing especially right now with the leaving changing. Honestly explore the area.. Knoxville has plenty to do and with the addition of the Sevierville/Gatlinburg/Pigeon Forge you really have tons to do. I just recently moved to the area but I'm from near here so I'm somewhat familiar with it. Weddings in the area are gorgeous with the wonderful backdrop of the moutains! I've been working with a Wedding Planning company helping with miscellaneous techy stuff and been able to help with some weddings and seen some gorgeous stuff. Knoxville has some great venues that are on the river and other places that are very pretty.. myoneenchantedevening.com so you can look at pics from weddings here.. Anyway there is tons of great food and fun stuff to do. Definitely come into the city and explore too they are two completely different worlds. So it's nice because you have the country and the city within minutes of each other. I hope you guys have a great visit.
  • Options
    Christi1Christi1 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I've lived in Knoxville most of my life, but there is something about the mountains and Pigeon Forge!  I LOVE the Smoky Mountains and hiking.  Me and my fiance are big outdoors people!  I hope you had a great visit!  Did you get to check out anything while you were down here?  Since everyone in your party would be traveling anyway, a bed and breakfast might be a nice option.  Check out Blue Mountain Mist Inn, it is a beautiful bead and breakfast that does weddings too!  I found a link off their site to an awesome photographer I think I'm going to use.  She had a blog post from the Blue Mountain Mist Inn from over the summer.  I also found the CUTEST engagement pictures from Cades Cove on Photography By Sabrina's website.  I think my and my fiance are going to go up to the mountains for our engagements as well to make it more special!  Here is the link to the Blue Mountain Mist post:http://photosbysabrina.wordpress.com/2009/05/11/jessica-and-seth-baker/and here are the Cades Cove pictures:http://photosbysabrina.wordpress.com/2009/09/18/heather-brandon-engaged/Photography By Sabrina is the photographer, she is based out of Knoxville and is incredible!  She is very knowledgeable about the Knoxville wedding area too, she gave me so many suggestions when I met with her!  (Very reasonable in price too)Here is the Blue Mountain Mist link:http://www.bluemountainmist.com/Hope all this helps and happy planning!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards