Tennessee
Options

Torn.. need help from southern brides!

I really want a plantation wedding. Nothing super big but to be able to have it on a plantation. We will have no more than 25 guests and it will be all family and 8 close friends.

I have looked and looked and the one place I found had $1200 for the venue but that was for up to 40 people. I don't need that many guests. $1200 in my opinion is cheap but I am not exactly sold on the spot. I would really like a Tennessee plantation wedding or a small farm.

In the end if we cannot find something that fits our needs we have decided on a chapel in Gatlinburg.

I just really wanted something budget friendly in or around Nashville because that is where my family and friends are, his are travelling with us.

FI really wants to go to TN and get married. He is set on the idea and I cannot change his mind so since I like the idea I am researching but not finding much that is less than $5000.00 and a local lady said her daughter got married down there cheaply but couldn't remember where exactly.

Re: Torn.. need help from southern brides!

• Options
    Check out the Belle Meade Plantation, Rippavilla Plantation, and the Carnton House for starters!
  • Options
    I did but they are like $10,000.00 :-(

• Options
    Check out Bleak House, Ramsey House, Crescent Bend house and garden, Mallory-Neely house, Blount Mansion, Mabry-Hazen house, Lord Lindsey's, The Museum of Appalachia, and Pinhook Plantation.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_tennessee_torn-need-help-from-southern-brides?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:125Discussion:186ef2e5-ab88-4baa-8311-5e46f5682edbPost:861103d6-b7f8-4708-9ae5-01d54daab8c8">Re: Torn.. need help from southern brides!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Check out Bleak House, Ramsey House, Crescent Bend house and garden, Mallory-Neely house, Blount Mansion, Mabry-Hazen house, Lord Lindsey's, The Museum of Appalachia, and Pinhook Plantation.
    Posted by leogirl13[/QUOTE]

<div>THANK YOU SO MUCH!! lol so many options I haven't found researching!! </div>
  • Options
    You may also want to check with a realtor to see if they may have any historic homes that you could rent.
  • Options
    Are you sure you checked into the Carnton Plantation, I have been to a couple of weddings there and its beautiful. I know you can have a week day wedding there for about $1000. Even weekends are no where near $10,000!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards