Tennessee
Options

Nashville brides! How much did your dress alterations cost?

HI everyone,

I'm trying to get an estimate of what wedding dress alterations cost--for a hem, taking in the bodice a bit, and bustling.

What did your wedding dress alterations costs, and if you had a great seamstress in the Nashville area, let me know who!

Re: Nashville brides! How much did your dress alterations cost?

• Options
    jkjwfu92jkjwfu92 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I used Oakwood Cleaners in West Nashville.  Deneal was awesome.  It was $55 dollars and hour.  
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I was quoted $45.00 an hour in Nashville.
  • Options
    sboundksboundk member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Most stores are either going to charge you a flat rate or an hourly rate.  If you can have your alterations done by the same place you purchased your dress, you actually pay less because the store knows what they offer dress wise and work with their alterations dept to come up with general prices (flat rate).

I was looking into getting my alterations done somewhere in Nashville instead of making a trip to cookeville 2-4 times but every location here in Nashville will not give me a straight answer on prices (even if it is an average).

If you cannot get your dress altered at the dress shop you purchased it from, do your research by obtaining prices and reviews.  Often times you can get this by typing the shops name into google.

I doubt this helps or gives you the answers you are looking for but hope this helps!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards