Tennessee

Finding an Officiant??

How can I find an officiant?  The wedding is in Hendersonville, TN.

Re: Finding an Officiant??

• edited December 2011
    If you or your FI grew up in a church, you can certainly ask your pastor to be the officiant.  If not, there are several resources online for someone to become an officiant.  You could ask one of your friends or family members to do the honors.
  • eastTNbrideeastTNbride member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I just replied to your other thread. In Tennessee you can also be legally married by a Justice of the Peace. A pastor has to be ordained though, so that usually rules out friends and family legally doing the ceremony. If you do a google search for "officiant in Hendersonville, TN" you will find some links and phone numbers. Another option is to have a legal ceremony at the courthouse and then have whoever do the wedding ceremony. A couple I know is probably going this route because he is very anti-religious. 
  • snadler3489snadler3489 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm in the same dillemma too. My FI family all grew up Baptist, his uncle is a pastor. However, I grew up Jewish and my Grandma will die if we have a religious ceremony. I personnaly do not mind if prayer was involved, but my fear is it will turn into a sermon in our wedding (his uncle is the sort to do that) and that's where I have a problem because neither my FI or I are religious. If I find anything good I'll post it.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker PersonalMilestone
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards