Tennessee

*XP* Getting married in Smoky Mountains - Destination for us

Hi Ladies!

My fiance and I have decided to have a destination wedding in the Smoky Mountains. We would ultimately love to move down there......but one step at a time :)

I have looked at the following venues:

Brasstown Valley Resort (Young Harris, GA)
Chota Falls (Clayton, GA)
Samson's Hollow (Townsend, TN)

If you are from the area or you are getting married in the Smoky Mountains and know of some great venues for 50 - 75 guests, will you please let me know! We are planning a vacation to the Smokys at the end of this month and will be visiting the venues we are interested in. We would love an outdoor wedding and indoor reception, but could settle for an outdoor reception if it was tented.

Looking forward to hearing from you!

Thanks,

Cassie

Re: *XP* Getting married in Smoky Mountains - Destination for us

• BronwynHBronwynH member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The Barn Event Center in Townsend

The Lilly Barn in Townsend

You can do a wedding in the National Park most of the year (I know you can't do them there in October)

Sampson's Hollow is a beautiful place and I probably would have picked that if my guest list were smaller. It would be perfect for the amount of people you're having.

Twin Cedar Farm in Rockford, TN is where I'm getting married, and it is absolutely beautiful. They have horse drawn carriages & one of the prettiest barns for the reception.

Another place that's more off the beaten track is Sunnybrook farm; it's in Walland, TN. This place doesn't do weddings as much, but it's a great place for a wedding. It's very reasonably priced and you get the place for the whole weekend and they have on-site catering and they can house around 50. It's kind of a bed and breakfast/ camp. The people there are also really nice.
  • edited December 2011
    Thank you for your help! I will look into the places you suggested!

Congrats to you and have a great wedding!!
  • eastTNbrideeastTNbride member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    There are several nice wedding venues/chapels in the Gatlinburg and Pigeon Forge TN area.

If you are interested in East Tennessee, Agota Springs in Kingsport has beautiful mountain views and they have indoor and outdoor options. There are several other beautiful venues in this area, but aren't as "in the mountains" as you may want.
  • RNMOMTO3RNMOMTO3 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I live in the county where Gatlinburg and Pigeon Forge are. I'll be happy to help you if I can with some local businesses or paperwork.

(I posted this before but it got deleted. I'm offering to help a fellow Knottie. I'm not a vendor or asking for money. Just offering my help if she needs it.)
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks! We are going to be traveling to the area in October now to view some of the venues. When we decide on a place, thats when I will need the help with local vendors!!
  • edited December 2011
    We are getting married in Gatlinburg in December. We got a great deal on a package from Chapel at the Park. I looked at all kinds of packages and the prices always shot up when we considered upgrades.The Chapel at the Park gave us a special price on the Gatlinburg Fantasy Wedding. It is normall $1350 for up to 50 guests. We got it for half of that because our date falls on a Monday. That included everything we wanted including a photo cd/copyright to 30 unique poses. The photos are usually the most expensive with one vendor wanting an extra $200 for the cd.
    I hope that helps! Good luck on your wedding:))

**I wanted to add that we chose Monday because our first anniversary will fall on 12-12-12! **
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    wow! your first anniversary will be really cool.. we are getting married on a monday as well (12/26 is my birthday) at the black bear resort in pigeon forge, near gatlinburg. we originally wanted to wed in gatlinburg, but found the prices in pigeon forge to beLaughing more agreeable. i would love to see photos! good luck...
  • edited December 2011
    Good luck to you as well:)) I bet you'll have some snow then too!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards