Tennessee

Calling all Memphis TN Knotties!

My little sister Kristina just got engaged.  Since  she lives in Memphis, it will be difficult for me to really help the way I would like to.  I wanted to know if you guys had any resources for reception sites to get her started.  Perhaps a spreadsheet with the cost per person for different sites in Memphis with minimums/maximums?  I know, I ask for a lot, but I have a feeling I'll be hanging out here a lot asking questions.

Thanks in advance for your help!  Since I'm an old school knottie, hopefully I can offer some help as well!

Re: Calling all Memphis TN Knotties!

• edited December 2011
    I don't know much about different reception halls because I am a new future bride myself and have yet to start planning, but I do know of an affordable photographer who takes GREAT pictures! They have been in business for a while and are very respected and reputable.  It's SHELBY IMAGES.  They are located at Hwy 193 and Collierville-Arlington Rd. I do know of a great little place that does weddings and/or receptions and it is called Savannah Meadows.  Just google Savannah Meadows Eads, TN and I think that should give you the website where you can virtually tour the place.  Hope I helped some!
  • edited December 2011
    The Metal Museum on the riverfront is a cool wedding/reception site!

Also as far as photographers go, we used amber rhodes-lapoint photography.

www.amberrhodeslapoint.com
  • edited December 2011
    I have a spreadsheet but no way to attach it on here...what area of town is she interested in?
  • lmd621lmd621 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    How many people are yall planning for? Also, what kind of vibe is she wanting for the reception? Ball room? Museum? Historic landmark? There are a lot of good options, but I think it depends on how much space you need and what you want. Also, do you want to bring in your own booze or have it through the reception place? Sometimes answering preliminary questions helps narrow down the options. I can advise some of the options I looked at that were reasonable and workable:
    Brooks Museum of Art
    Pink Palace (if you don't mind the HUGE stuffed polar bear--good for large recep)
    Stax Museum (pretty cool-better for small to med reception)
    Le Pavillion (nice, but more for smaller reception <150 people)
    Hunt Phelan (pretty cool, but bev prices are kind of high)

Most of these places have a small fee, min food allowance, or require membership in order to host an event there. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards