Tennessee

Some questions about Nashville

Hi everyone! I have a meeting to go to in the Nashville area next month. My mom is going to fly out to spend the weekend with me, so I was looking for some suggestions on some places to sight see, restaurant recs, anything you can think of to do while there for the weekend?

Also, for hotels, what is the best area to stay in? Also, do you need to rent a car while there or is there good public transportation/walking distance, etc from different things?

Thanks so much!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Some questions about Nashville

• clignanclignan member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    hi rachey!
    you will DEFINITELY need to rent a car if you want to go anywhere but downtown. If you want to stay in downtown, stay at the hilton. It is the biggest and nicest hotel with the best location. It is expensive, but worth it.
    If you are looking for a deal, there are many corporate parks around nashville in the burbs and by the airport with a TON of efficiency suites. You'll want to stay in Brentwood, Green Hills or Franklin(If you choose to be away from downtown). Franklin is about 15 minutes out of the city, but it has the bigger mall and the cutest little downtown with country antique shops, boutiques and restaurants.
    For restaurants, google a downtown neighborhood called the Gulch and you will find most of the top places to eat. You can also check the Tennessean's website. That's the local newspaper and they have a ton of society features and great restaurant reviews.
  • racheyt0227racheyt0227 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks so much! I recently foud our the CMA's & the country Music Fest will be going on while I am down there!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • JoAngel32JoAngel32 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I definitely second everything that the PP said. :-)
    Photobucket Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    we just moved to nashville so i'm going to keep watching this thread for more ideas!!  so far our favorite places are:

*station inn: it's in the gulch and it looks like a dive but has really, really good music
    *patterson's: i think it's around 18th and broadway?  hidden in a little house.  it looks like a secret club.  they serve these amazing gourmet cocktails. 
    *pancake pantry or jackson's for brunch - they're on the same street in the bel hillsboro village area.
    *roberts: one of the glitzy bars on broadway, they have really good music and yummy cheeseburgers you can order late night. :)
    *grand ole opry: if you get tickets to a show it's definitely an experience to have!
    *walking around the belmont and vanderbilt campuses is pretty, there are magnolias blooming everywhere.  

that's pretty much all we've done but it's all been good!  people are really friendly here so just ask and they will point you in the right direction.  also heads up - it's still legal to smoke in bars!  i wasn't used to that.

have fun!

• ShiaShia member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You can also take her to these locations... many of them are near downtown; except for the Zoo. 

• Country Music Hall of Fame
    • The Frist Center for the Visual Arts
    • Adventure Science Center - great laser shows
    • Centennial Park 
    • Cheekwood Art and Gardens
    • Nashville Sounds Games - if you like baseball
    • Nashville Zoo at Grassmere

I hope this helps. Have fun. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards