Tennessee
Options

Vendor Reviews-Memphis Wedding

Hi,

Just got married a couple weekends ago and just thought I would pass along info on all the vendors we used. All of our guests had a fantastic time thanks to our awesome vendors!

Wedding Coordinator: Amy Miller Weddings

Lifesaver! Helped us get and stay organized. Huge help on the day of the wedding--didn't worry about a thing!

Flowers: L and Jay Productions
Jon was fantastic to work with. Had unique ideas for helping my vision come to life. Flowers were gorgeous! Prices were reasonable and he will work to stay within your budget

Reception Site: Brooks Museum of Art

Stacy is fantastic--other reason why I didn't worry about anything the day of the wedding. She made sure everything was prepared and ready to go when our guests arrived. The food was amazing. All of our guests raved over it. I recommend the crab cakes (they went fast) as well as the roast and ahi tuna. We also did a late night snack of andouille sausage corn dogs w/ creole mustard--they didn't last long either!  It also allowed for a great flow to the party: stunning foyer when guests enter, rotunda for food and mingling, Brushmark for after dinner (can see and hear the band but can still chit chat w/ guests), terrace--beautiful rain or shine! Guests enjoyed having the option to sit outside since the rain held off for most of the evening. Great venue for some amazing pictures too--both inside and out!

Photographer: Russell Hayes
From the moment we met Russell I knew he was the right photographer. He is very easy to work with, great personality, makes you feel like your hanging out with a friend not some guy taking your pictures. I had huge trust in his experience level and his range of shots: modern posed photos to great candid shots during the ceremony and reception. As my mother would say, "he captured the essence of the bride and the wedding through the photos." He is super quick in his photo taking. I was amazed when I looked at the photos to see all the different ways he captured the shots--it seemed like he didn't take that many photos, but he sure captured a lot! We were finished and on the way to the reception in under 30 mins. Proofs from the wedding were up on the web in a week.

Cake: Carla Beard
I only got to have my little bite of cake from my husband because it was ALL GONE! Guests ate every last bite! Cake was beautiful. She was very easy to work with. I gave her a photo of what I wanted, and we went through the final details the week before the wedding, which was just fine (can't confirm until then anyway b/c of the head count). Pricing was VERY reasonable. Carla's communication isn't always prompt, but as anyone who works with her will tell you she is very reliable and dependable. I agree.

Music: DANCE STREET BAND (booked through RAM Entertainment)
Besides the food, the band was the highlight of the night. Dance Street was AWESOME! They appealed to every age group and had a great song list. They learned our song that we did our first dance to and even played an encore of Proud Mary to send everyone home to (since I missed hearing it earlier in the evening). They came out on the dance floor to interact with our guests and played a few requests. This band is a blast and set the tone for a very successful party! You would not be disappointed to book them--they are worth every penny!

Wedding Favors: Dinstuhls
My married last name begins w/ a "D" so we ordered the Dinstuhl's truffle (w/ a chocolate monogrammed "D" on top) as wedding favors. They were very yummy ( I did get to taste one of those!). I believe we bought the favor boxes from Beau-Coup.com. Took the boxes to Dinstuhl's and they boxed the truffles for us. Just needed to add ribbon and tag. Had everything ready to go the week of the wedding. Very nice and easy to work with.

Welcome Bags: Favorsyoukeep.com
Found the cutest customized gift bags w/ the Memphis city skyline (lots of other cities to choose from too). You can pick your bag/font color and style--I believe pricing was pretty reasonable compared to other items we looked at. Cute stuff on this website--check it out.

Linens/Tents: Classic Party Rentals
Town Car: Tennessee Limo

Both were great--easy to work with

Valet Service: Can't find name of business, but they were great. I'm glad we offered this service for our guests considering there was an event at the Shell that night so parking around the museum was limited--just wish they had made their sign more noticeable.

Invitations: Just Write in Dallas Texas
Guest Book: Paper Source

Rehearsal Dinner: Stax Museum of Soul
Catering: Hog Wild

Local and out of town guests loved Stax. Really showed off Memphis personality--highly recommend utilizing this space. Hog Wild did an excellent catering job--food was delicious.

I hope this helps other Memphis Knotties as you plan for your BIG day!

Re: Vendor Reviews-Memphis Wedding

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Thank you SO much for posting this.  I was super excited to see that your reception was at the Brooks since that's where ours will be 9.10.11.  Did you keep the tv sculpture on or did you turn it off?
  • Options
    mwhitson14mwhitson14 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks so much for your review! I appreciate you taking the time to post it.
    (Married)meganandshane.weebly.com~
    (Planning)shaneandmegan.weebly.com
  • Options
    lmd621lmd621 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Lacy--we kept the tv sculpture on--it doesn't seem to be as obnoxious when all the food tables are out and the room is packed w/ people. And we didn't spend enough time in the rotunda for me to even really notice it. Once people ate we were in the Brushmark and on the Terrace for a majority of the evening. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thank you so much!! I'm a Memphis bride and was thinking of using Hog Wild... great to see a great review!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thank you so much for posting this. I am planning a Memphis Wedding from Pittsburgh (FH is from memphis). Reading these reviews is great and we are considering the Brooks Museum as well
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    LMD, I tried to send you a private message but it wouldn't let me. We're thinking about using Hogwild Catering but I wanted to know what other Memphis barbecue place you'd compare it to. Would you say the sauce is sweet like Central or Rendezvous or vinegary like the Barbecue Shop or Brad's? I'm born and raised a Memphis girl (thus a barbecue lover) and would like something to compare it to. Thanks so much!
  • Options
    laurenfplaurenfp member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Does anyone know contact information for Carla Beard cakes? Thanks!
  • Options
    who did you use for your makeup and hair stylist?
    Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards