Tennessee

Memphis Venues for Out of Town Bride

I am considering getting married in Memphis. I live in NJ but have been to Memphis many times to visit my parents who live in Arkansas.
Unfortunately, I really have no sense of venues. Our ceremony would be at a church so I would just need a reception venue. I know that the Peabody is a favorite and that a lot of people go to the Brooks but we're looking more for a restaurant that we can either buy out or has a private room that could fit 65-70 people. I loved the Hunt Phelan Inn but the grounds seem better used during the warmer months and we are looking at December 2011.
Any input would be appreciated!

Re: Memphis Venues for Out of Town Bride

• laurenfplaurenfp member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    What part of town are you looking for places? If you are stuck on restaurants, in midtown, there is Restaurant Iris which is supposed to be phenomenal and  will seat about 60ish I think. If you are looking in Cordova, the Butcher Shop has several great private rooms and a wonderful menu! It really depends on what area of Memphis the Church is and how far you would like to travel.
  • edited December 2011
    Ideally, I'd like to be downtown or close to Beale Street. Is there anything on Mud Island that would work?
  • edited December 2011
    You might want to consider The Majestic Grille at Main St and Peabody Place.  You can rent out the second floor which will seat up to 75 or even buy out the whole restaurant.  The contact info is on their website and Traci, who handles special events, is really great about answering any questions you could possibly have.

River Terrace and Harbor Town Yacht Club would also work for what you want.  They're both located on Mud Island.  They used to be restaurants but now they're just used for special events.  I will warn you that they are VERY difficult to get ahold of and very rude but the location is great.
  • edited December 2011
    I am having my reception at the Cadre Building. It is right in the middle of downtown, you can walk from most of the hotels. You can even have your ceremony there. It is absolutely beautiful even without any decorations and they have been very helpful and easy to work with. My fiance and I both live out of state and things have ran smoothly so far!
  • edited December 2011
    The Metal Musuem is also a nice place to consider....http://www.metalmuseum.org/special_events.html...they have heated outdoor tents...
    April Siggy Challenge: E-Ring
    Photobucket
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Absolutely MUST check out the Dixon.  I am getting married at the Peabody, which is absolutely gorgeous, but I had my heart set on the Dixon.  Unfortunately, the building at the dixon, and the gorgeous outdoor patio, only accommodate up to 100 people for a seated dinner.  You should definitely check it out - it is stunning!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards