Tennessee

Cabin weddings?

Thoughts? Ideas? On a cabin wedding in the Smoky Mountain area? For Sept. 7th 2013.

Re: Cabin weddings?

• I've been looking into them myself and there are several chapels/companies that do them. Most of the ones I've priced so far have been in the $2000-$4500 range for around 40 guests. I'm thinking about going with "Above The Mist" weddings they have several pre-made packages and you can even create your own (which is what I priced). They have several beautiful locations if you want seperate ceremony space.

Please review whomever you choose to use here because there just aren't any for people like us!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_tennessee_cabin-weddings?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:125Discussion:c743d95c-a2a2-45fb-9603-4d0a735dbcb9Post:55634a60-a311-4e7f-bf46-3f82b6491611">Re: Cabin weddings?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I've been looking into them myself and there are several chapels/companies that do them. Most of the ones I've priced so far have been in the $2000-$4500 range for around 40 guests. I'm thinking about going with "Above The Mist" weddings they have several pre-made packages and you can even create your own (which is what I priced). They have several beautiful locations if you want seperate ceremony space. Please review whomever you choose to use here because there just aren't any for people like us!
    Posted by leogirl13[/QUOTE]

Thank you! I'll look into that place also.
  • I live in that area...the Lily Barn is nice.  It's in Townsend.  Unfortunately a lot of the cabin wedding places in Gatlinburg look really touristy.  I think I looked at "Above the Mist", too.  Seems nice!  We ended up going with Butterfly Gap Retreat, which is in Maryville.  It is a beautiful place nestled in the mtns.  They have options for outdoor or indoor ceremonies.  I'd always imagined getting married outside, but after seeing their indoor option I decided that would be perfect!  Good luck!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker White Knot
  • I've looked into the Honeysuckly Hills myself. The place is gorgeous. It has a beutiful country, rustic feel to it. There is a big red barn for an indoor ceremony upstairs and downstairs a reception or you can have an outside wedding over in the meadows. Speak with Regina- the owner and photographer. She is great and so sweet and willing to work with whatever your needs are. You can incorporate your own decor, etc. Www.honeysucklehills.com 
    Hope this helps! Good luck

• You may want to check out Timber Tops Cabin Rentals. We took a mini-vacation and rented one. It was a very nice cabin and I noticed they did weddings while I was there. It may be an option for you!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards