Tennessee
Options

I need a little help please...

Hi everyone,
    I need some help regarding my honeymoon. We've decide to go to the Smoky Mountains. Well I've been looking up vacation rentals and not getting much of anywhere. I've looked on trip advisor and some other vacation rental sites and it seems like every place I find is located in the foothills and surrounded by trees.

Now, while im not very picky most days, We could get a cabin here for much less (gas to drive, food etc.) and be surrounded by trees (and tons of other cabins) but that not what we want. Driving to attractions and things is not a problem for us.

Anyone got any advice on websites or something that would help me. I don't think im reaching for the stars here. They rented a nice cabin/home there this past october in Sevierville that had a wonderful view, and wasn't in a area packed with 24 other cabins. I'd consider going back to the very cabin, but it's like a 4 bedroom cabin and way more then we need. 

I mean I don't think im over reaching here am I?...

EDIT: To be clear, when I said a ton of other cabins I ment the resort type setting that im seeing a ton of. I would like to avoid that if possible. To me that type of setting kinda defeats the purpose of going to the mountains, but that just me.
image165 Invited
image9 are ready to party
image0 Aren't coming
image156 Can't find their mail box
RSVP Deadline: September 19th

I will make mistakes
I will face heartache
On Christ the Solid Rock I stand All other ground is sinking sand I will not be moved Wedding Countdown Ticker
Planning Bio/ Blog

Re: I need a little help please...

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I've heard good things about Majestic Mountain Rentals. http://www.majesticmountainvacations.com/

Since I'm from the area, I haven't rented any cabins up in the Smokies before (Why pay for a place when my house is free? lol), but this one looks like its what you're  wanting.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    EasyAsh1220EasyAsh1220 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

My friends and I have used black bear lodging for the past couple of years, and we really love it. The cabin we stayed at last year was on the top of a mountain and while the road up there was a bit scary, it was nice bc we weren't on top of other people. 
    They have good rates and I know they have some out of the way 1 and 2 bedroom cabins.  Their website is www.blackbearlodging.com, but you could always call and ask to see what they have that would meet your criteria, the staff is really great! Ok novel over..... Smile

ETA: Ok I just checked out that Majestic Mountain website...that's a great source lil miss! Those cabins are amazing

• Options
    sombrasombra member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    you could also consider renting directtly from an owner by using vrbo.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards