Tennessee

Vendor Reviews for Cookeville Wedding!

Hey ladies! I got married yesterday and I thought I'd post my reviews since I have a little time.  

Dress- In White Bridal, Lancaster, PA, A-, I was so frazzled when I walked into the store. I thought I'd never find a dress. Sheri foud me one on the second try, was very accomodating and took her time with me. However she was working alone both times I was in (trying on and then picking up) and it made her a bit frantic. 

Alterations - White Lace and Promises, Knoxville, TN, A+ These ladies were wonderful. I only had to have one fitting - at my second fitting, everything was perfect. I also appreciated not being snubbed because I didn't buy my dress there. 

Rehersal Dinner: El Tapatio Mexican Restaurant: A, They don't take reservations or have a private room, but they had all 25 of us seated together with a very short wait (on a very busy night). Not a single order messed up or drink spilled. FIL said 25 of us ate for less than $200.00 They remain my favorite restaurant. 

Ceremony - Tennessee Technological Univerisity
    Electricians - A - compotent, did what they said they would do
    Chair crew - C-  - H had to meet them just 2 hours before the wedding and it took an hour and a half and three tries for them to figure out how to set out 200 chairs. They set out chairs on a regular basis so I thought this would have been less painful. 
Officiant - Rev. Joe Walker A+ - He's a family friend and did a wonderful job.

Decor Rental - Deborah's Designs B+ - She had everything I needed and pick up/drop off was easy, however she tried to pressure me into switching to using her for my flowers when I already had someone else and I did not appreciate that. 

Flowers - Kroger  A, Bill Dyer and his crew did an amazing job. Even when Bill had a family emergency his staff took over and didn't miss a beat. I had everything I needed, when I needed it, and exactly how I wanted it. My bouquet, 4 BM bouquets, 9 boutineers, 5 corsages, and 4 dozen roses for reception tables for $275. 

Reception:
Leslie Town Center - A-, Debi Smith was my contact and she was very nice, and accomodating. If she had any questions whatsoever, she called but she was also very calm and organized. I'd give an A except not all my tables were set out where I wanted them but it was a quick fix. 

Food: Strouds BBQ A+ Delicious as usual and fed 200 people for under $1000 (included drinks and all cups, plates, napkins, cutlery).

DJ: C&R DJ service (linked with S&W) Catering: B, Ryan and Corey do this on the side (they have day jobs). They did a pretty good job of juggling the jobs, but it kept me from being able to meet with them in person to talk day of music details. Also, they don't have their own emails so we had some minor communication break downs. HOWEVER, despite these hardships, they went above and beyond to keep things running smoothly at the reception (we had a couple blips) and were very good at reading the crowd and keeping them dancing.

Videography: 450 Films, Jason Sebastian: A-  Easy to work with, unintrusive during filming. Obviously haven't seen my finished product yet but what I've seen of other work looks great. However, he did wear jeans and a polo to the wedding. I wish he'd have asked and/or worn dress slacks. 

Cake - N/A - Done by MIL - it was delicious, 'nuf said 

Photography - S Photograpy - A++++ Christy, Terri, and Kent were amazing! Calm, cool, collected, organized, friendly, and fun. They were with me ALL day and happy to be there. Had good insights/suggestions but not too many. Dealt EXTREMELY well with H's grandmother who has very severe Alzheimers. My engagement pictures and the guest book they made were fantastic and I can't wait to see my pictures from yesterday. You'd never know that they've only been in business for two years - they seem like old pros. 

Stationary - 
Save the Dates - Wedding Paper Diva's - A, it took me a while to find a postcard design I liked but ease of personalizing and ordering was great.

Invitations - Ann's Bridal Bargains - B, My invitations turned out EXACTLY how I wanted them, however saving and reopening a design was very tricky and the zoom was a pain to work with during the design process. 

Hope this helps out someone! I would use all my vendors again - I had a great day. 
Mrs. Wiggins image

Re: Vendor Reviews for Cookeville Wedding!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards